The empty closet is filling up again.

Options
Hanfordrose
Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
This was my closet about one week ago, when I got rid of more than 40 tops and blouses that no longer fit me. I had only 4 new blouses that were size 24/26. The sales lady at Lane Bryant said that I probably should have got size 22. She was right.

04-27-13PlurgingMyCloset01_zps1c2a7fd4.jpg

Here is my closet tonight, and there are more than 20 new blouses in size 22.

05-04-13NewClothes01_zpsa27b84c1.jpg?t=1367725018

But the best news of all came today. I found out that this once 4X size lady now wears ZERO X pants...the lowest size sold by the Catherine's stores. I will have to start buying my slacks in 'regular stores'...not Plus Size stores...for the first time in more than 30 years.

An MFP sister told me that ZERO X is about a size 14/16. For some reason, it never occurred to me that I would EVER be in the teens. I can't remember EVER buying clothes in a 14. I lost weight back in 1979, but all my clothes were hand me downs, and I never noticed the size.

This is all so amazing to me.

Replies

• Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    AwesomeJob!!:)
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    Getting skinny is so much fun! Way to go!
  • daybydaybyday
    Options
    They're all so pretty! Oh, this makes me so happy for you.
  • RitzyFritz
    RitzyFritz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    That is absolutely wonderful! I'm very happy for your progress. Way to go! :flowerforyou:
  • andysmom
    andysmom Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I love that there is much beautiful color in your closet now! By the way, I was thinking of you yesterday - my sweet husband and I celebrated our 22nd anniversary by going to the Huntington Library and Gardens in San Marino. They have an absolutely amazing rose garden and as I enjoyed the incredible colors, I wondered if maybe I should thank your mom for some of therm! Keep up the good work and keep sharing your success, it's very inspiring.
  • fenna3107
    fenna3107 Posts: 46
    Options
    Wow, you were on a shopping spree! Nice that the numbers are getting lower and lower. Your bought beautiful tops. Happy for you.
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I love it! You're so amazing, and just...inspiring. I'm happy for you! :)
  • cwaters120
    cwaters120 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    You're doing so well!!! You deserve the new clothes :bigsmile: Congrats on such amazing NSV's :flowerforyou:
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Thats so great - makes me smile!!
  • hockeygrl15
    hockeygrl15 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yay! Congrats on the new wardrobe!
  • pinkgrandmaof8
    pinkgrandmaof8 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Such beautiful colour in your closet now! You have done an AMAZING job. Congratulations on your success.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Fantastic.

And OMG COLOR and patterns! So pretty. My closet is like 99% black....and dark grey. O_O

I love all the color.
  • Kifissia
    Kifissia Posts: 136
    Options
    YAY!!!! :) Tells us what it's like when you go shopping at a regular store.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I love the feeling when I can buy new clothes for the first time in a long time!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    You deserve to treat yourself to some beautiful new clothes after losing that amount. And you are "steps" closer to that goal your doctor gave you and that will make a real difference in getting around! Keep up the wonderful work.
  • MissMormie
    MissMormie Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    wow, really well done!
  • cald0nia
    cald0nia Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Enjoy!
  • eaaronm24
    eaaronm24 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Your story is just like mine. I always shop at Catherine's wearing 3X and 4X clothes. I had a closet of very expensive clothes, cause it cost alot to look nice when you in big size clothes LOL. I have been trying to restock my closet now after losing 70 pounds and now I can shop in other places. I'm also down to there last size in Catherine's and most of them are to big. Hopefully I will stay with it and will be shopping where my daughter shops. Good job keep it up!!!
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    you rock! and i just want to say i wish i had a closet like that :)
  • b3kah5
    b3kah5 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    That is so great!!! I love how colorful your closet is!!! It's like you grew a garden of flowers!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!