What are some healthy pasta dishes?

Options
Hey everyone I am looking to make pasta for dinner tonight and need some healthy recipes :) Thank you

Replies

• AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    chop up some tomato and chicken and make it a warn pasta salad
  • mekhala
    mekhala Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    i love pasta.... serves 4, Garlic Prawn Linguini, under 400 cals,

Put pasta in pan of boiling water
    Place steamer on top, and put in baby leeks and asparagus
    fry garlic on medium heat until golden and throw in the prawns and chilli if you like it spicy
    remove the prawns and put the veg in the garlic juices in the ban you cooked prawns,
    add the steamed veg and the pasta - dont drain pasta properly - the water is your sauce, then add the prawns
    fresh black pepper and salt
    serve... delish!!! x
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I'll take some ground turkey/lean ground beef n sautee it with some pepper n onions. Then add in the red sauce. Once that's heated, I'll put sliced zucchini, yellow squash, broccoli/broccoli rabe, green peppers, and spinach (or other veggies you like) on top to steam (the heartier veggies set on first to steam longer). When the veggies are brightly colored toss em around in the sauce and put over the pasta.

Fills you up on yummy good stuff so you don't need all the pasta. :)
  • mekhala
    Options
    pesto, small mozzarella balls, cherry tomatos, any pasta... jobs a goodun!
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    i love pasta.... serves 4, Garlic Prawn Linguini, under 400 cals,

Put pasta in pan of boiling water
    Place steamer on top, and put in baby leeks and asparagus
    fry garlic on medium heat until golden and throw in the prawns and chilli if you like it spicy
    remove the prawns and put the veg in the garlic juices in the ban you cooked prawns,
    add the steamed veg and the pasta - dont drain pasta properly - the water is your sauce, then add the prawns
    fresh black pepper and salt
    serve... delish!!! x

Ok I'm hungry now!
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Use any whole wheat pasta, De Boles rice pasta, plus boneless, skinless chicken, OR have a veggie pasta night:
    Tomatoes, bellpeppers, onion, mushrooms, garlic, italian seasoning--or any seasoning you are in the mood for.
    Cook the veggies in a table spoon of olive oil--which is a fat that is good for the heart. Grate a tablespoon of parmesean cheese on top and enjoy! :drinker: (water)
  • mekhala
    Options
    glad you like it!! its one of my favourites!! gino decampo's italian diet has loads of pasta recipes, and all taste great!!! thats the diet i am following at the moment... it also lets you have chestnut and chocolate cake!!
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    You've gotten some great suggestions. Remember, the key to "healthy pasta" is portion size! And if you can make your own pasta, all the better.

That said, I love a pomodoro. You can chop up a bunch of tomatoes, some garlic and basil, saute in some olive oil and serve over pasta. If you don't feel like chopping up tomatoes, a couple of cans of diced tomatoes will work, too.
  • thenebean9
    thenebean9 Posts: 216
    Options
    i use dreamfields penne pasta, cook it in salted water seasoned with garlic powder and a chicken boullion cube, then i steam a cup of broccoli with a little smart balance butter. once the pasta is done, i toss it lightly in a little bit more of the smart balance, add the broccoli, and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese finishes it off - it's under 500 calories and it's oh so yummy!
  • princessorchid
    princessorchid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Ooh, I love pasta!

We usually just have with with tomato sauce and throw in loads of veg - courgette, onion, broccoli, sugarsnap peas, chillis...
  • SemiSweetRae
    Options
    Also, something to try is Gluten free pastas...Quinoa noodles are amazing! They are definitely a little heartier then normal pasta, but taste sooo good...especially with a garlicy mushroom pasta sauce! The do stick together a little more, but have a great texture. My dad (who is a life-long bologna and cheese bachelor) L-O-V-E-S my quinoa spagetti as does my three year old. You can also find brown rice pastas etc...
  • Fredaw
    Fredaw Posts: 2
    Options
    Try the web site "Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes". I made the spinach meatballs and quick marinara sauce and served it with spaghetti squash...very few calories, and yummy.
  • starlitkate
    starlitkate Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Here is a great recipe for Pasta Cream Cheese: http://www.bhg.com/recipe/sauces/pesto-cream-cheese-spread/
    You could stir it in the noodles while they are hot. A small serving with a grilled chicken burger would be good. I usually spread a tbsp of it on my grilled chicken burger with a roma tomato, lettuce, toasted light wheat buns. But the pesto mix makes a very good pasta.
  • starlitkate
    starlitkate Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    This site has a recipe for the Kraft Light Italian dressing pasta salad. Very yummy!