New to Fitness Pal

Options
Goodmorning , I need a good kick up the bum, been trying to lose weight for what seems like forever and getting no where all my own fault no willpower:blushing: . My holiday is getting closer and I am going to lose weight at least go down a dress size i am now a size 18-20 and would love to be a 16 for my holiday at end of August. So I am making a promise to myself to log all food and drink and weigh in on a Sunday morning. Have got a new puppy who can go out for walks in 2 weeks time so looking forward to that it will be nice to have company on my walks. :smile:

Karen x

Replies

• crosshaven3
    crosshaven3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Suzanne, love this app and the community. It really helps me.
  • missybct
    missybct Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Hi Karen, welcome to MFP :) Loads of really good tips, advice and most things are easy to track. Having a puppy to walk will be a godsend for exercise - my brothers 1 year old needs constant two - three mile walks a day - I love it and so does she! :)

Feel free to add me as a friend on here! x
  • kcj62
    kcj62 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Suzanne , nice to meet you. x
  • milknbeans
    milknbeans Posts: 25
    Options
    Morning!
    I have been on MFP for a few weeks now, and it is helping me to keep motivated.
    I've got a dog that is looking at me as we speak, as she wants a walk, lol
    Feel free to add me.
  • sunnyjs
    sunnyjs Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm new here too! I love taking my dog for walks, it's great motivation. She's old now so she can't go for as long as she used to, but she's still enthusiastic when I bring out the lead :) Feel free to add me!
  • RyanneRose
    RyanneRose Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Aww, I wish I had a dog to take for walks! I'm still fairly new, at just about a month (today marks 30 days). I log everything and weigh-in on Sunday mornings. It's been a real eye-opener, seeing every little thing logged. I hope you have good luck with it!
  • kcj62
    kcj62 Posts: 3
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thanks for all the replies and invites to be a friend. I am now ready to lose weight xx
  • steviebe75
    steviebe75 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi KcJ,

I have been doing this for approx 3 month now and with the 8lb i lost before I started here I am now 30lb lighter now weighing 15st 1 with a goal of 14st 7 as my target. Logging everything really helps you as after a while you start to think before you eat which for me is a big thing. Lots of walking is my main fitness. 5mile per day and footy twice a week. Good luck and stay motivated.

Steve