Is this light or moderate?

Options
Hi all,
Just trying to re calculate my calories.

Im 28yo, 5ft,5in and weight 171 lbs. Iv been eating about 1600k a day and exercise 1-3 times a week.
I have worn a heart rate monitor 7 times now and on average including my walk to and from class burn between 800-900k a time.

My weight has been stuck within the same 3 pounds for months now and really want to get it moving again.
I am upping my exercise to at least 3 days a week and so also walk to and from walk approx 40 mins 4 days a week.

When using the Fat 2 fit website would my activity level class as light or moderate?

Lightly Active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk) 2167
Moderately Active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk) 2443

I set my goal weight to 150lbs but that is the upper end of what is healthy so was looking at either a 15 or 20% deficit.

I am grateful for any help given.

Thank you very much
Vicky

Replies

• pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I understand?

Are you not using MFP? There is an option for adding calories burned according to your heart rate monitor. You bought the tool, so why not use it?

In which case:

Sedentary
    Log your exercise and eat back the cals

If you continue to not change, eat less, and if that doesn't work, eat more. Give each change two to three weeks before deciding if it is working, and measure your body fat. Most people find they need to change things up to keep things changing. Lots of theories and explanations but nobody seems to have answers that work for everyone.

Except this: if it's working, keep going. If its not working, try something else not more of the same. If something work in the past, it doesn't mean it will work in the future.
  • vicky1804
    vicky1804 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I used mfp options in the past with my heart rate monitor and I am no longer losing.
    I am looking into different options to try

Thanks
  • pcastagner
    Options
    I used mfp options in the past with my heart rate monitor and I am no longer losing.
    I am looking into different options to try

Thanks

Your body doesn't care how you track. I highly recommend staying consistent in how you record data and just changing the program. Changing how you track can only create confusion and keep you from getting to the bottom of why things are the way they are.
  • vicky1804
    vicky1804 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I still use mfp to track,always have.What I'm trying are different calorie options
    Eat my exercise calories, don't eat them,eat more,eat less,tdee -% etc
  • pcastagner
    Options
    Well in that case I can suggest to you my rule of changing things that has worked so far: keep as many variables the same as possible.