What are your go-to meals in a pinch?

Preferably healthy. ;)

Mine lately include:

lettuce wraps -- deli-sliced turkey, sliced cheese, and mustard on romaine (other than iceberg, more suitable lettuce is difficult to find where I shop);

hard-boiled eggs with yellow mustard, served with deli-sliced turkey;

pureed vegetable soup -- typically broccoli florets blended with chicken broth, minced garlic, and grated parmesan, also served with deli-sliced turkey;

poached egg on whole-grain bread, extra whites for extra protein;

green salad -- my standard combination is romaine, shredded white-meat chicken or hard-boiled egg, and cherry tomatoes, paired with either Bolthouse's Caesar-Parmigiano yogurt dressing, or crumbled feta with plain Greek yogurt.

Replies

• queenbea77
    queenbea77 Posts: 404 Member
    I always have hard boiled eggs in the fridge and lite baby bel cheese so I can grab either as a snack in a hurry. Works great on those days you are running late & works better than stopping for fast food.
  • todayis4me
    todayis4me Posts: 184 Member
    Tilapia filets always in the freezer. Bake with a little dry seasonings ...ready in ten min ....Good with any veg on hand ! I use them for tacos or wraps also......
  • lioness803
    lioness803 Posts: 325 Member
    Stir frys or soup! Both are great to just use whatever vegetables and meats you have on hand.
  • momtobe06
    momtobe06 Posts: 81 Member
    chicken breasts in a crock pot with water, taco seasoning packet and some salsa...cook all day while at work, come home & shred with two forks and serve with whole wheat tortillas and taco toppings- lettuce, cheese, etc
  • Omelettles (made with three egg whites, one egg, one slice of cheese and veggies.)

OR

In an emergency, Zone meal replacement bars (but not too often.) They'll stave off hunger and the nutrition info adds up - but they're not real food.
  • greenfalls107
    greenfalls107 Posts: 87 Member
    Greek yogurt, is a quick meal when I feel like I am starving and need a huge hamburger. After I eat the yogurt, I am in a better place to make smart food choices. When I am too hungry, I just want whatever I can get my little grubby hands on. The yogurt, gives me a few minutes to get my head straight. I eat Light and Fit Greek yogurt which is only 80 calories, so I never concern about myself with those calories. I log them, but never blink when I eat it.

I like to make things easy for me to grab from the refrigerator. I will premake cucumbers and tomato salad, clean and cut up carrot sticks (whole carrots are much more sweet than the little baby carrots) and try to make smart choices.. I also eat a lot raisins, I found I like the jumbo mixed raisins or the golden raisins. Jumbo mixed raisins are expensive, the golden ones are much cheaper.
  • steamy bag of veggies and salmon

egg sandwich
  • mromnek
    mromnek Posts: 325
    Man food here.... I keep a mix of chunked chicken breast, onions, green peppers and pico de gallo (with lots of good spices) in the fridge. Take one flour tortilla, with a 1/3 cup of fiesta/mexican blend cheese in the microwave for 1 minute. Add a couple spoons of the chicken mix, microwave for another minute. Roll-up into a burrito. A few hundred calories, and quite tasty!
  • kellyg55
    kellyg55 Posts: 8 Member
    I always go to Subway. I can get a 6 inch turkey loaded with veggies and avocado on whole wheat bread. TIP: you can always scoop and toss out some of the inside bread out to cut back on carbs:) Kelly Germain-Beach body Coach