What Weight Lifting Has Done For Me

Options
13»

Replies

• fullofquirks
    fullofquirks Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Great work! Thank you for sharing, you are beautiful. Keep it up :flowerforyou:
  • jmzz1
    jmzz1 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Your story is really inspiring and you look awesome. Just one question - how many times do you do strength training and how many times cardio? Do you follow any specific program?
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    This is so wonderful! Weight Lifting to me is the fountain of youth! Very glad that you have been successful. Keep up the great work and you have a beautiful family!!

Congrats!!
  • KylieAmbler
    Options
    You are melting away, keep up the good work, you look amazing.
  • AJinBirmingham
    Options
    You look fantastic and I love your story.

Fitness isn't all about the scale or even appearance, but about FEELING GOOD. I still do cardio but I love my weight training too. Women finally seem to be getting the idea that weight training is not just an option for the boys, but for us too. You're an inspiration on both points.

Thank you.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and you have a beautiful family.
  • buffty
    buffty Posts: 83
    Options
    You do not look any more than 150 pounds, throw those scales away, the weight lifting is WORKING!!
  • kharbaugh29
    kharbaugh29 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You look great! I have a similar relationship with my scale and lifting has been the difference for me as well. Good luck and keep up the great work!
  • becky6m
    becky6m Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you! You look great! I found a total difference in the way my body looked before and after weights. Congrats!
  • beckieboomoo
    beckieboomoo Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    wow you look amazing! :)
  • 17forbes
    17forbes Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you have a beautiful family i wish you the best for your ultimate goal. Keep up the work.
  • Mommylicous
    Mommylicous Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    First of all, seeing all these responses first thing this morning has made my day!

Anyway, to answer your question
    Your story is really inspiring and you look awesome. Just one question - how many times do you do strength training and how many times cardio? Do you follow any specific program?

For the first month, I did a standard 3 x a week Cycle of

A: Squats, Bench press, Cable rows
    B: Deadlift, Military Press, Pull ups (Wide grip lat pull down for me, since I can't pull my own body weight yet)

But after throwing a hissy fit at the squat rack, because I wasn't losing weight.. My husband decided to change it up

Now we follow the Kris Gethin 12 week Transformation on Bodybuilding. com .. Just the weight training schedule, though. Not the cardio or eating program. I still eat whatever I want in moderation.. and I have seen CRAZY results in just the first 2 weeks of it. Some of the exercises are like "What the heck is he smokin?" but it's obvious it works. :) He does a 2 day on, 1 day off routine.

For my cardio, I don't do hardly any.. Just about 10 minute warm up on weight training days, and maybe one or two 45 minute cardio sessions, depending on how my week looks.
  • lee112780
    lee112780 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    wow! So inspirational, especially for me because I am constantly battling the idea of weights vs cardio and what works best. Cardio is not really working for me. I will step up my weight lifting this week! Thanks!
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Yaay! You're doing so well. Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • makinitcount44
    makinitcount44 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! You definitely look smaller then 236!!!
  • Pamela_in_Progress
    Pamela_in_Progress Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your story, very encouraging! You look beautiful, before and after and such a lovely family! I just began my journey April 9, 2013 and have been considering weight training but cannot afford the gym membership... any tips?
  • Angiehankins77
    Options
    I am doing minimal cardio and free weights in my basements. My goal is to be strong and sexy! I'm gonna send you a friend request, I love seeing someone else into weights instead of cardio all the time
  • BlueEyedTXmom
    BlueEyedTXmom Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Those are the type of results I'm after. I like cardio but I'm just not seeing results. I plan on starting weight lifting after my diet bet ends next week!
  • Mrsmegans
    Mrsmegans Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I love your pics.. its making me want to start weight training with my husband.
  • FitSuga
    FitSuga Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    So awesome and you were gorgeous before and now!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!