mesuring scoop in protein powder...

Options
mrdexter1
mrdexter1 Posts: 356 Member
why do they bother...

They must know the protein powder settles in the tub that always appears half full on purchase and the recomended 2 scoops is not the 53g recomended serving i thought it was...

Just weighed it out and just over 1 and a third scoops is the 53g serving and 2 scoops around 75g which is 1 and a half servings ...

The good news is a tub wil now last much longer and i might be able to better make progress !!!

Hope you ve all been using the scales !

Replies

• Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Why not just take the scoop out, replace the lid and turn the tub upside down a couple of times?

That way you aren't packing the scoop too densely.
  • ninjakowski
    ninjakowski Posts: 158
    Options
    I always weigh my protein powder.
  • mrdexter1
    mrdexter1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Why not just take the scoop out, replace the lid and turn the tub upside down a couple of times?

It would appear i m not the brightest when it comes protein powder measuring, just another fault to my list !!!
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options

It would appear i m not the brightest when it comes protein powder measuring, just another fault to my list !!!

Aww, don't be too hard on yourself; I only know this from preparing baby milk, which does exactly the same in the tub.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I weigh protein powder most of the time because scoops are pretty bloody inconsistent. Sometimes it's over the serving size (27g), sometimes it's under. It's annoying.

If it was something like say, a tub of cottage cheese or yoghurt, which I would eat within a week anyway, I CBF weighing it and just split it's calories, say, 50/50 today and tommorow... but I don't use PP too often. And certainly not an entire tub weekly. That's crazy; it's not even chocolate.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I weigh mine too, I pretty much weigh everything, I'm so used to it, it's no big deal.

I have a collection of scoops as well. But I still weigh everything!
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    eeek I weigh everything and that is one thing I was not weighing (durrrr! I shake formula cans..why would I not do the same here!!)

Thank you!