Jillian Michaels extreme shed and shred

Options
2»

Replies

• dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    There's a Level 1 and Level 2 and one where she combines both levels (that's a killer). Its a tough workout, there are modifiers, if you can call them that. She does recommend doing it 5 -6 days a week. I like the mix of cardio, plyo, isometric, yoga and martial arts.
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I love me some Jillian and have most of her DVD's including JM BodyRev...but this DVD by far is the worse....I guess the workouts didnt keep me interested and it was pretty tough...but I did a challenge with other ladies last yr....and got pretty good results.... Here is the before and after...

SculptingWeek3-2.jpg
  • oshika789
    oshika789 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just tried this tonight for the first time. Wow. I am so completely out of shape! I barely made it through level 1, but I did like the slightly different setup. I have several of her dvd's, and although I liked them and they are a great workout, I would tend to get bored with the 3-2-1 setup, mostly with repeating the moves each section. This one she does have you repeat, but it seems like there's more variety, more moves, and it moves a little faster, which I like. I tend to get so bored that I dread pushing play after a few days using a dvd (not just jillian, any dvd). I can't say I won't get bored with this too, but I personally liked it better than the others and hope to stick with it. I'll be on level 1 for a while, so I may do it every other day with something different mixed in on the opposite days.
  • sfwaycheckrgrl
    sfwaycheckrgrl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just bought this a couple of weeks ago because I have several of her other DVD's and enjoy them all. At first I thought it was strange, did both levels. I have done level one a few times now, and am starting to enjoy it. I am also doing Ripped in 30. I did realize that I needed to add weights to the various exercises to feel that I was working hard, though. It reminds me a lot of Body Revolution. So does RI30. I think I am going to enjoy this one, as soon as I get all of the moves down pat!
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I had been doing insanity 6 days a week since July 16th and finished 3 rounds back to back. I was ready for a change this week. Started extreme shed and shred on Monday, I jumped right into the 80 minute advanced option. I have done it 3 days in a row and my highest calorie burn on hrm was 672 so far, lowest was 629, also had a 652. Its been a nice change from insanity.
  • alikat2986
    alikat2986 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am on day 12 so I started level 2 two days ago and I have definitely lost inches and 7 lbs already!! I do it every day. Like she says, you can't get results if you don't push yourself!! :bigsmile:
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Yep it's part of my usual rotation! It's a great calorie burn. I usually do the full 60 minute workout (she just combines levels 1 and 2) on the weekends when I have more time. I'll do either Level 1 or Level 2 during the week.
  • lenniebus
    lenniebus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I have done it twice :)...and I really like it, but I wouldn't want to do just this. The first time I did level 1 & 2 together (which was not an hour...more like 75-80minutes). This morning I tried to get through both level 1 & 2, and ran out of time (I did a full hour and had two circuits left on level 2). I was REALLY sweating by the end...I like that there are some boxing, martial arts and yoga moves in there--a nice variety. I have several of her DVDs and Bob Harpers and I rotate them. I also run outside when weather permits :)
  • tahneecole
    tahneecole Posts: 3
    Options
    I started Jillian Michael's Extreme Shed & Shred 2 days ago, today is day 3. I am really sore in my calves and back. Since you ladies are much further into it than me I was curious if you noticed a difference in your stomach the 2nd day, Mine is already a bit lifted. But thus far, it is tough but makes me feel great :)
  • tahneecole
    tahneecole Posts: 3
    Options
    @ Alika2986 - 7 lbs. WOW that is alot in 10 days, Congrats. You said you did it everyday right to lose that much in 10 days? How long were you doing it. I have started with the 45 minute on level 1.
  • janamweaver
    Options
    Holy moly! Just did this video an hour ago! There was a puddle of sweat on the floor! I have NMTZ, BFBM and 6w6p completed. I loved Extreme shed. I found it very challenging and it gave me insane energy! Im ready to spit shine the house! I'm starting insanity next month and the combo I have chosen this month to prepare is level 1 6w6p and Banish fat, the next day l2 6w6p with both levels of extreme. It's way different from her normal stuff but I loved it. Felt very challenged lots of variety! Since January 13th I have lost 52 pounds thanks to these DVDs!
  • azwildcats7
    azwildcats7 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've done these workouts a couple times and really like them. I'm gonna start tonight for 30 days. So far Level 2 is a lot harder for me than level 1! Feel free to add me if you're still doing this :)
  • fitnfancy80
    fitnfancy80 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I love the DVD. I really get a great workout out of it. I do it 3 x week. My clothes fit better but the scale isn't moving. (oh well) But this week I am going to mix in some Turbo Fire HIIT's to get more of a calorie burn and to speed up my process.
  • jessgetshealthy
    Options
    It's amazing if you can do it! LOL I am so out of shape. That being said... I can walk 5-10 miles a day but this is hard stuff. I love it tho. However, I am taking it slow. I can't always finish the dvd and I may take 30 days just to complete level 1 but I am determined to finish it. It is a great dvd even if I do call her all sorts of unmentionable words while doing. I say give it a go!!!!

Thank God I'm not the only one!!
  • REStone66
    Options
    Yes! I do the workout every other morning and it kicks my butt! Love it
  • justkrissy
    justkrissy Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this DVD for the past two weeks and I absolutely love it!! I did her Ripped in 30 for three months and I was getting far too used to that DVD because it wasn't even causing me to break a sweat, but this one is amazing! The first day I did level 1 I was drenched in sweat lol.

I think I like it because there is alot of different exercises like kick boxing and yoga type of things, and its alot of fun. Level 2 is also filled with unique, intense exercises that are fun to try such as her "Push Up Plank Jacks"!

So far her Extreme Shed and Shred is probably my favourite one of her DVDs
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I really liked it.
  • stormbornkraken
    stormbornkraken Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Funny, I was just checking out her other videos and contemplating shed and shred. I enjoyed her ultimate Yoga meltdown but wanted something more intense. Maybe I will give it a try. My only concern is the number of people reporting injuries from the activities in the video.
  • justkrissy
    justkrissy Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Funny, I was just checking out her other videos and contemplating shed and shred. I enjoyed her ultimate Yoga meltdown but wanted something more intense. Maybe I will give it a try. My only concern is the number of people reporting injuries from the activities in the video.

I think its all about form. As long as you are using proper form, breathing correctly, you will be fine. Lots of people are so concentrated on going as fast as her, or just hurrying to get it done they dont stop and reallt concentrate on form. I've been doing her dvds since beginning of October, and I have never gotten hurt.
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    Just started this on Sunday. I am alternating level 1 & 2 daily as I don't have more than 50 minutes to exercise on the weekday. So far I am liking it. Definitely not for the faint of heart. This coming from a P90X grad!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!