vitatop muffins

Options
april522
april522 Posts: 388 Member
Okay, does anyone have ANY idea where in Wal-Mart the vitatop muffins would be? I've been seeing a lot of people liking them and wanted to try them. However, last Sunday (my weekly shopping day), I asked THREE employees in Wal-Mart where they were located because I looked on the bread/snack isle, the candy/cookie isle, and the bakery and can't find them. I walked out without them last week because no one knew where they were; one guy said they must not carry them since they had weight watchers snack cakes and cookies instead.

Replies

• BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't go to Walmart but they would have to be in a frozen section. Vitatops/muffins have to be kept in the freezer. Good luck! The search is worth it!!

(My Kroger keeps them by the frozen organic & gluten-free type foods & my Publix keeps them by the frozen breakfast items like waffles.)
  • SemiSweetRae
    Options
    Not all Wal-Mart stores carry the same items. They are a very demographic based. I have found that if you can find a helpful manager and ask them to order it, then they will start carrying it. The Wal-Mart in my rural community has an absolutely insanely vast chip/snack/soda/frozen food section you will EVER see, but it's about a third of the size of a metropolitan wal-mart. :) Good luck! I hope you find what you want!
  • april522
    Options
    I'll check in the frozen section like Biloxi suggested. That's the one place I didn't look. If they don't have them there, I'll get them at Publix. I usually go to Wal-Mart and Publix anyway when grocery shopping for the week. I just can't buy my meats at Wal-Mart!
  • skwhatley
    skwhatley Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Yes. They are in the frozen section but I can never find them in WalMart. I always see them at Target next to waffles and such. Good luck!
  • tiptoe6
    tiptoe6 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I know in our Safeway and Giant stores, there are plenty of them in the frozen section. Usually in the corner where they stick the vegetarian/vegan type stuff that would be sort of hard to find.
  • JBennis1013
    JBennis1013 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    If your Walmart carries them at all they would be in the frozen section.
  • Coopertown3
    Coopertown3 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I always order them online--they come in about 2 or 3 days--
  • baggins706
    baggins706 Posts: 310
    Options
    Wal-Mart does not have them and if you are looking you will find them in the FROZEN Foods Breakfast Isle.

The best thing to do it to follow this link: http://www.vitalicious.com/store-locator.html it's the Vitalicious Store Locator!

Good Luck
  • sfarrant
    sfarrant Posts: 7
    Options
    The chocolate ones are best! Pair one with a scoop of mint chocolate chip low-fat frozen yogurt, and you have a 240 calorie sundae!

I used to order them online, but even with promo codes they seem to be cheaper in grocery stores (I can usually stock up on them when they're $4 a box on sale).
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Our Kroger store carries them, and they're in the 'health food' section's freezer aisle. They're not in the main freezer section of the store.
  • april522
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I went to the store locator, and Publix carries then, so I'll get me some today!
  • april522
    Options
    Got 'em! I'm guessing you just warm them in the microwave.
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    The vitatops I like to microwave for like 15-18 seconds & then put them on low in the toaster. My mom just lets them thaw at room temp. I think you can just play around w/it & see what you like best. The microwave alone just doesn't do it for me....
  • april522
    Options
    Thanks for the input!
  • DoreenDC
    DoreenDC Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    AND JUST AN FYI:

VITA TOPS ARE NOT GLUTEN FREE!!!!! People are reading the labels wrong......It stinks cause they are delicious!