Going to a buffet style dinner tonight with husbands family

Options
kxc4328
kxc4328 Posts: 13 Member
Help!!!! how do you eat out at a buffet style restaurant when you are watching what you eat. Do I stay at the salad bar and eat a lot of the vegetables. Do I just choose a baked meat option for my meats and only one for the entire time I am there. Help MFP friends I can use all the support I can get right now. I would also like to add friends who can continue to support me on my weight loss journey, please add me and I will support you too.

Replies

• PosterPens
    PosterPens Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    youve lost 51lbs. you know what you can eat, and what you shouldnt eat. id say eat tons of proteins and go from there.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Get a nice big full plate at the salad bar.
    For dinner eat veggies and some baked.

:-)
    Don't let anyone make you feel bad about what you have on your plate.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Make it your weekly cheat meal, and just eat whatever you want. When i visit my mom, she always wants to go to the Chinese Buffet. I don't know how old people can eat so damn much...I try to load up on fruits, and have a diet soda...It's a futile attempt, but a bad day a week won't derail your long term goals.
  • Muchmoretogive
    Muchmoretogive Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hey this can be a challenge but its not not undoable (if that makes sense?) Id treat yourself but also stick to cleaner foods as best you can. If you go over you go over its one day off right?!
    You have to have some fun else you will fall off the wagon more often.
    Also perhaps if you can chose a smaller sized plate that will help with portion control.
    Go have a nice evening :) ENJOY don't beat yourself up if you fancy something you wouldn't normaly eat at home.
  • hungryhobbit1
    hungryhobbit1 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Buffets usually have lots of good fruit options, if they are any good. Fruit, fresh veggies and protein. Usually there's some kind of baked fish, seafood or carving station. You can actually eat pretty healthy at a buffet if you make the right choices. Stay away from cheese, baked goods, and fried food.
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    Buffets usually have lots of good fruit options, if they are any good. Fruit, fresh veggies and protein. Usually there's some kind of baked fish, seafood or carving station. You can actually eat pretty healthy at a buffet if you make the right choices. Stay away from cheese, baked goods, and fried food.
    This.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I hit a buffet once every two weeks after we've done our volunteer stint at the regional food pantry. Most often it's a barbecue buffet with few healthy choices but this coming week he is voting for the Chinese buffet. I figure I am going to go over this once in a while but not be crazy. Time before last, I got my usual two plates full but was uncomfortable for a day and a half after I did. This last time, I had a single plate and was full but not so uncomfortably so. What I'm trying to do is train myself to recognize the DISCOMFORT of buffet overeating so I will avoid doing it. If not this time, maybe the next, you will start to recognize the "overeating hangover" and start to avoid it. That way, restricting your intake is more carrot than stick. Anyway, it seems to be working for me.
  • mwbulechek
    mwbulechek Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I love buffets. Just need to make sure you stick to some good meats lots of veggies and fresh fruits and stay away from potatoes and breads.