lunch inspiration?

Options
i'm so bored with my lunch options. anyone care to share what they'll be having or have had for lunch today? I need to be inspired... :) thanks

Replies

• Precious_Nissa
    Options
    I'm having campbells chili to go and some crackers, but thats because i'm at work and theres not many options outside of fastfood.....lol but i love there soups to go....
  • flutterby1434
    Options
    mmm...peanut butter and cheese on a light wheat bread with a nectrine is good.
  • tcac
    tcac Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    veggie omelets
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Left over chicken tossed with some pasta and a little pesto.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Just take a couple of slices of bread (I buy 'Healthy Life' from Schnucks, only 35calories ea slice!!)and take off the crust. chop tomato and onion ( or other veggies and cut small) and put a little amount on each slice. Add a little cheese of your choice and lunch meat and then fold diagonally. You could crimp closed with a fork, but not needed. Stick in a toaster oven or a grilled sandwich maker for about 5min. You have mini panini's custom made however you like! I added a little sour cream on the side, carrots, and cauliflower.
    ** cal/carb/fat/sodium **
    Schnuck's - Baby Style Carrots, 1.5 oz. (85g) 18/4/0/33
    Lunch Mate - Honey Turkey Breast- Deli Thin Sliced, 0.5 oz. 15/1/0/150
    Healthy Life - 35 Calorie White Bread, 4 slices 140/32/0/230
    Raw Red Onion - Red Onion Slice, 0.5 Large Slice 3/1/0/0
    Happy Farms - Finely Shredded Mexican Style Four Cheese, 1/6 cup 55/0/5/90
    Fresh Produce - Sliced Tomato, 1 slice 2/0/1
    Raw - Califlower, 1 cup (100 g) 25/5/0/30
    Friendly Farms Aldi - Light Sour Cream, 2 Tablespoons 35/3/2/60
    Full TOTALS including my sides 293 ***47***7***594

Again, can be customized for pretty much anything you have available. Cheap, fast and easy :)

I was doing the Green Giant Steamers for awhile, but my sodium was outta control, especially eating them almost EVERYday. Even the above meal is a bit high in sodium, but can be tweaked however. I only have the mini panini's once a week :)
  • LoriT129
    LoriT129 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    How about a veggie omelet? Or what about a natural peanut butter & banana sandwich on whole wheat? A whole wheat flour tortilla roll up with your favorite things? :smile:
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I'll either be having rice with bologna and a slice of cheese or some pineapple coconut rice.
  • ambersee
    ambersee Posts: 8
    Options
    Broiled Salmon and Baked Zuchinni with a little bit of EVOO and garlic seasoning. Probably and orange or some raspberries too.
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    Well, the easiest answer is to bring leftovers from dinner.

I am one of those sandwich-fruit-and veggie for lunch people. Most of the time anyway. Lately I've been doing a pita. I take turkey lunch meat, spinach, tomato, cucumber, bell pepper, and cut them all into little chunks. Then I add about a tablespoon of lite ranch (Naturally Fresh brand) and mix it all up. Then I toss it in the pita, pair with an apple (or whatever fruit I have) and maybe a cheese stick. Very good.

I also like tuna on crackers.

If you're at home you can make a meatball sub. I take 3-4 turkey meatballs and cook them on the stove in about 1/2 cup of spaghetti sauce. When heated through (be careful not to over cook... turkey gets hard fast) dish onto a hot dog bun (whole wheat if possible.) Sometimes I'll lay a slice of cheese in the bun before putting in the meatballs so the cheese gets nice and melty. Yum.

If you like Morningstar, I'll buy the chick'n nuggets or chick'n patties when they're on sale and heat them up and pair with some fruit, veggies, and a cheese stick.

It sounds weird, but is a slightly healthier than my childhood comfort food: peanut butter banana wraps. Just spread 1-2 tablespoons of peanut butter on your favorite low-cal wrap and put some banana in that sucker and roll it up. For something so small, it really helps to keep me full.

For a side, they have Lay's Baked snack sized bags. I bought a party-pack of them for less than $8 a week or two ago. It has Baked Ruffles, Baked Doritos, Baked Cheetos, Pretzels, and Sun chips. If I can work that into my meal plan sometimes I will, just for a little treat when I need something salty.

I'm sure I eat more than just those things but it should help give you a head start. :laugh:
  • lilmissy2
    lilmissy2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I'm pretty boring... sandwich and yoghurt for me but when I'm feeling more inspired:

English muffin filled with a slice of flavoured tofu and a mixture of spinach and ricotta
    Toast topped with wafer thin ham, sliced tomatoes, a little camembert and some black pepper
    Breast meat from BBQ chicken, avocado and sliced tomatoes in a toastie
    Baked potato topped with a small amount of bolognese sauce
    Homemade vegetable soup (usually the blended type with loads of pumpkin) - can make loads in advance and it lasts all week since there is no meat - with a herb bread roll
    Pasta salad made by mixing 50g dry pasta, cooked with a grated boiled egg, some chopped veg (celery, carrot, capsicum) and a little low fat mayo
    Flat rice noodles mixed with tuna slices, sweet chilli sauce and canned veg
    Vietnamese rice paper rolls

:flowerforyou:
  • khlewis85
    khlewis85 Posts: 13
    Options
    yay! thanks everyone. i'm feeling more inspired. now it's time for me to dig around and see what i can come up with out of ya'lls ideas :)