Can you see any differences?

Options
baileybiddles
baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
The first pictures are from April 2nd. The second set of pictures were just taken today!
Pardon the undies... I don't have a bikini or anything right now :)

Snapshot_20130402_1_zps12164ae8.jpg
Snapshot_20130402_zps46968f23.jpg

IMAG0989_zps50917214.jpg
IMAG0991_zps8e60b67b.jpg

I have lost 15 pounds total, but only about 2 pounds in the time lapsed between these photos. However, I've lost several inches. Can you see any differences?

Please don't feel like you'll offend me if you say no. Honest feedback is good :)

Replies

• tonightokayalright
    tonightokayalright Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    It's hard to compare the two because they're so far apart. Kind of? Sort of? Maybe I see a difference, but it's hard to tell.
  • Thadreamer87
    Options
    I can tell a difference keep it up!
  • baileybiddles
    Options
    I wonder if side by side pictyures would be better. I will play with editing and try to get them easier to compare!
  • baileybiddles
    Options
    Let's see if this maybe works a little bit better for some.

Sidebyside-sideview_zps6a390d47.jpg
    Sidebyside-frontview_zps42376bc7.jpg
  • marcvandenberg
    marcvandenberg Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I can see it. :)
    Keep on the good work.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    YES! I can see a difference! GREAT job, keep it up! :flowerforyou:
  • Uselessly_Irrelevant
    Uselessly_Irrelevant Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I feel like the angle differences and lighting make it hard to get an accurate comparison. It seems like from the side shot that you've lost some fat from the upper part of your belly right under your boobs - and from the front shot it looks like your belly is a little less round.

But again, it's really hard to tell because one picture you are lit from natural light from behind from further away, and the other is indoor lighting from above and you're closer. The indoor light picture is also taken from a lower perspective.

Can you take new pictures and recreate the angle and lighting of the first? I feel like consistency would give the best non-biased-est comparison
  • Marley112586
    Marley112586 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I can see it in your upper belly and also from the front it looks more flat. Keep up the good work!
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    I can see it, especially since I have been watching my body lately which is a similar size. Your middle -- between your bewbs and stomach -- is definitely much smaller. Congratulations, keep doing what you are doing!
  • baileybiddles
    Options
    I feel like the angle differences and lighting make it hard to get an accurate comparison. It seems like from the side shot that you've lost some fat from the upper part of your belly right under your boobs - and from the front shot it looks like your belly is a little less round.

But again, it's really hard to tell because one picture you are lit from natural light from behind from further away, and the other is indoor lighting from above and you're closer. The indoor light picture is also taken from a lower perspective.

Can you take new pictures and recreate the angle and lighting of the first? I feel like consistency would give the best non-biased-est comparison

I should definitely do that! Thank you for the suggestion. I'll have to do that for sure. You're right, it can be hard to see the differences if they aren't completely similar pictures. I took the first pictures with my webcam at night, and the second with my cell phone mid day, so they are different. :)
  • baileybiddles
    Options
    Thank you for the awesome feedback, everyone! I really appreciate you taking the time to check out my photos and respond. It definitely helps to hear others notice the changes. I've been told by family that my BACK looks much slimmer. I wish I had taken before photos of my back side!
  • nolongerXXL
    nolongerXXL Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    YES!!! For sure in the upper belly region and your belly is smaller also! GREAT JOB!!!!
  • Rawr1978
    Rawr1978 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Your upper tummy is starting to go down...cant tell anything about the legs though, the pic cuts off
  • Jean251
    Jean251 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! Way to go! Keep up the good work!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options

I agree with all of this! I always try to get the same angle and lighting in all of my photos because I can see the difference better. But if you could re-create the angles and the lighting from the Before photos, I think we could more accurately tell if there was a bigger difference than what this poster mentioned.
  • silversociety
    silversociety Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I can't, but I promise once you hit about the 10lb lost mark EVERYONE will notice a difference.
  • baileybiddles
    Options
    I can't, but I promise once you hit about the 10lb lost mark EVERYONE will notice a difference.

I have actually lost about 14-15 - I started at 204, but only started at MFP after losing 11 on Weight Watchers. :)

It's okay! I want the honesty. Some people won't be able to tell right off the bat. I just feel great having lost as much as I have already!
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I guess kind of sort of, yes. But is has been just over a month. Give it a while. 6 months, a year.

I could lay a corny line about how Rome wasnt built in a day but i wont.
  • EmmaB332
    EmmaB332 Posts: 39 Member
    Options

Agreed. The pics are hard to compare but the sub boob area does look different like she said. But I bet if you had a shot from before the 15 lb loss that it would be super obvious because 15 lbs is completely awesome! Good for you and keep up the good work! And, keep taking progress pics because when you hit your next goal, these will be your before shots :)
  • rcwible83
    rcwible83 Posts: 42
    Options
    Big difference! Great job!!!:bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!