How much weight will i lose?

Options
If I burn 700 calories 5 times a week inlcuding weight training, and eat approximately 1200-1500 calories a day, how much weight roughly do you think i would lose in a month?

Replies

• iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    1.75868948 pounds.
    Are you planning on netting 500 calories most days, or are you eating those exercise calories back?
  • Mommylicous
    Mommylicous Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    It's practically impossible to tell. For over a year, I tried the number's game. Would count every calorie, do the math for my daily deficit + my calories burned.. and I lost pretty much no weight that way.

My suggestion? Forget the mathematics, just move more and make better food choices. You'll feel better about your progress when you aren't obsessing about the numbers and how much you "should" have lost, doing what you've done. You will drive yourself crazy.
  • BlueObsidian
    BlueObsidian Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    We would need to know your TDEE to give you any kind of estimate. Everyone doesn't burn the same amount of calories per day. Figure out how many calories your body needs to maintain your weight, and take a reasonable calorie deficit from that number to figure out how much you should be eating.
  • kaylindeschanel
    kaylindeschanel Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    that depends on so many factors - even the technology that myfitnesspal offers is only a rough estimate. i suggest finding out your basal metabolic rate and calculating your body percentages.

the amount of weight you lose is entirely dependent on your body composition. to get the most accurate reading of this, you'd have to go see a dietitian or your doctor.

but usually with that amount of exercise, i'd say that you'd lose roughly 2 pounds per week.
  • marcvandenberg
    marcvandenberg Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    2 times 50% of your lost.
    or
    4 times 25%
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    We would need to know your TDEE to give you any kind of estimate. Everyone doesn't burn the same amount of calories per day. Figure out how many calories your body needs to maintain your weight, and take a reasonable calorie deficit from that number to figure out how much you should be eating.

^This.
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Why are you approaching weight loss from that way?? mFP is geared up to ask how much you want to lose a week and works back to your calorie needs. Are you setting yourself up to lose a certain amount in a given time or something???
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    How long is a piece of string?
  • know1seep
    know1seep Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have a month exactly before my holidays,and I want to use this time to do an intensive workout and diet regime, where I try to lose as much weight as is possible and healthy to do, while toning up too
  • 777twist
    777twist Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    A guy at work was going to do the same thing... he was going to a wedding in June and wanted to lose 10 lbs so he could gorge on his vacation trip to the wedding.

I told him, that's not smart, or healthy in my opinion.

But everyone else is right, without your BMR, RMR, or TDEE... we have no baseline to tell how much you should be eating.
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    It's practically impossible to tell. For over a year, I tried the number's game. Would count every calorie, do the math for my daily deficit + my calories burned.. and I lost pretty much no weight that way.

My suggestion? Forget the mathematics, just move more and make better food choices. You'll feel better about your progress when you aren't obsessing about the numbers and how much you "should" have lost, doing what you've done. You will drive yourself crazy.

Ditto!!!
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Do it for a month and see!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    No way to know that.
  • know1seep
    know1seep Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    5 foot 4, 133 lbs in weight, tdee is approx 1400 ( i think) 22 yr old female
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    5 foot 4, 133 lbs in weight, tdee is approx 1400 ( i think) 22 yr old female

Really?? I put your stats in here:
    http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html

And got:

Sedentary: 1709
    Lightly Active: 1959
    Moderately Active: 2208
    Active: 2457
    Extremely Active: 2707

And I got a bmr of 1425 for those stats.

Generally speaking you typically want to eat at least your BMR, but less than your TDEE.
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I have a month exactly before my holidays,and I want to use this time to do an intensive workout and diet regime, where I try to lose as much weight as is possible and healthy to do, while toning up too

For this journey to be successful, you need to do it because you want to. Not for a boyfriend / husband, not because your mother told you to, and certainly not for a holiday. Yes, do the exercise, count the calories and eat sensibly to look your best for your holiday. But I guarantee that no-one will notice because they will be too busy having fun to notice. In the unlikely event that someone does notice, it iwill be "Oh, you've lost weight!" And that is IT. So, do it for YORSELF so YOU feel good about yourself and forget the details of the numbers - it can be hard enough to make progress without over-complicating it.