Starting out

Options
Hi, this is my first time on MFP and i am really not sure what to expect from a plan like this..I started the plan yesterday. I have gained about 2stone over a year and I really would like to lose it, more for health reasons than anything else, i am gaining around my middle and thighs. I ran half a marathon last year and feel so far removed from where I was.

I wen over the 1200 calories today by 66..I overestimated how much my dinner was. Does anyone have any tips for anyone starting out on this plan? I exercise about four times a week for half an hour each time, i think i need to up this..How much do people generally lose in the first few weeks? is it always more or less? Any tips or hints on food, exercise, goals etc would be good..

Good luck to everyone!!!

Replies

• khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Re-adjust your MFP settings to lose 1lb per week and eat those calories instead. 1200 cals is too low for the majority of people and you will struggle to lose after a while at this as it's just too low to keep up with.
  • Bdemps11
    Bdemps11 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Mine is set for 1240. I track my exercise and eat those burned calories back. I also use it as more of a guidline. I try to stay between 1200-1500, but with hitting my protein and trying to hit my fat goals as well.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!