Insanity question - please help!

Options
Hi, I've just been sat writing out my meal plan for my first week doing insanity. I am having a problem though as sme things in the recipes aren't in the substitute lists at the back of the nutrition guide and I don't like them! I've been looking through the book and have found 'michis ladder' at the very back which says that eating from tier one and 2 is a near perfect diet - would I be able to just make up meals using these foods and forget about the recipes? I'm struggling to find foods I like in the recipes and think having the same meals most days wouldn't help me to stay on track! Thanks for your help

:happy:

Replies

• MamaFoz
    MamaFoz Posts: 3
    Options
    Ya girl! Just make what you like! Log EVERYTHING including dressings and spices! I try to eat my carbs in the morning! Veggies and protein the rest of the day!
  • StephieW90
    StephieW90 Posts: 8
    Options
    Awesome thanks :) can't wait to start!!
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    I follow (and still do use) like one recipe, proatmeal.

Everything else I used was in the SPIRIT of the program.

Staying true to the 40/20/40 macro (the MFP phone app and the pie chart it gives there <thats not on the website, sad to say> will be far more beneficial to you &), will be easier in the long run? As long as you hit that for your near or around 2000 k/cal diet, will be more helpful.

Hit your protein target there and you should be golden.

And stay away from that Harris-Benedict equation. I tried it for three weeks, lost no weight. Frustrating.