Healthy desserts

Options
Does anyone have any healthy cake recipes or desserts? My son's birthday is in a few weeks and I need something that doesn't have any food coloring/dyes or high fructose corn syrup. I am looking for something that only has natural sugars in it.

Replies

• amandacyoungers
    amandacyoungers Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i like buzzing up some frozen bananas with a bit of cocoa powder and enough milk just to make it "move" in the blender. it's kinda like a frosty and wendy's (add a bit of peanut butter, too!) sure, it's not exactly birthday dessert, but it might keep you satisfied while everyone else is eating cake.
  • mdbverd
    mdbverd Posts: 14
    Options
    you can try these: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/red-velvet-cupcakes-50400000123760/

red velvet cupcakes...the red is not from food coloring but BEETS ! sounds yummy apparently you cant taste the beets lol
  • chanel1twenty
    chanel1twenty Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have an amazing pie recipe that isn't bad for you, but looks and tastes like it is!!
    You need:
    -an Oreo or graham cracker pie crust (I prefer the Oreo but it's really up to you).
    -1/2 cup lite sour cream
    -1/2 cup raw sugar (or your favorite sweetener)
    -3 tsp shortening
    -8oz block lite/organic cream cheese
    -1 tsp vanilla extract
    -1 tub lite/fat free cool whip
    -1 bag semi sweet chocolate chips (I use dairy, nut, soy, gluten free chips)
    -2 cups fresh organic strawberries, halved

Combine your chocolate chips and shortening and microwave until liquid. Pour 3/4 of chocolate into pie crust and refrigerate until firm.

Combine sweetener, sour cream, cream cheese, and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Fold in your tub of cool whip. This should look like a beautiful mousse.
    Pour/scoop the mixture into your chocolate-layered crust, and refrigerate overnight.

In the morning, take your halved strawberries and place them on top of the pie in any pattern you like. I like to border the pie with the berries, point side in, around and round filling in empty spots and making a 5-point star in the center. Then drizzle your remaining chocolate on top and refrigerate until time to serve!!

This is a family favorite and always a hit. Absolutely to die for. Make this the day before and do your berry/drizzle garnish the day of, and enjoy!!

If you make it be sure to let me know how it goes over!
    -Chanel
  • LouiseOverbeck
    Options
    Thanks. These are some great ideas.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Just bake the cake yourself. :)
  • okiebug27
    okiebug27 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump!