Hello, I am new:) Weight gain from meds.

Options
Hello,

I am currently trying to lose weight after being on medication for anxiety. I was on the meds for a few years and the pounds piled on. In the past I had always had a fast metabolism and was fairly active. After taking the meds (and I tried a few types) I now am almost 50 lbs over what my weight once was (fluctuating up or down by 5 lbs or so). I believe the meds made me crave foods I wasn't normally eating a lot of--like donuts!

Its been very discouraging. People often would tell me how thin I was in the past and now I am closer to being obese than I had ever been. I never thought it would happen. My BMI is in an unhealthy, overweight range.

I've been using a fitbit One since last December to increase my activity and help motivate me.

I've looked into becoming a vegan, I've made healthy smoothies and tried juicing (which I still do on and off when I feel the need because my juicer is kind of a pain to clean afterward and it's time consuming).

One of the most successful things I had ever done was track food. I heard that this alone helped some people lose weight--just by being more aware.

So, here I am again. Going to try to track my meals and see if that helps. I also recently read Eat To Live and would like to try the challenge--6 weeks of a plant based diet.

Thanks for reading:)

Replies