Any idea for side dishes?

Options
2»

Replies

• mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    My Favourite side dish is broccoli and cheese sauce:)
  • bjdealer52
    bjdealer52 Posts: 2
    Options
    you can cook any veggie on the grill,,, it intesefies the flavors as the veggies carmelize so veery yummy. i really love asparagus on the grill
  • AnneEngland1958
    Options
    Roasted butternut squash - sweet and nutty!

Creamed butternut squash with a dollop of low-fat creme fraiche/low-fat soured cream

Oven-roasted wedges of sweet potato with cajun or spanish spices

Roasted carrots with honey and mustard (you only need a teaspoonful of each)

Asparagus wrapped in parma ham and grilled

Couscous or quinoa
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower frozen (10 oz bag) throw in pan. add two-4 slices american cheese put cover on and let it start steaming and melting. meantime get some fresh ground pepper, fresh ground sea salt going and a little bit of milk (and butter if you can affor the cals --optional). Cayenne pepper adds a LOT to this dish. Lift the lid and throw in the rest of the stuff.

When the cauliflower are soft and the cheese is melty start stirring it around and continue heating and stirring until you have what looks like mac&cheese hijacked steamed cauliflower. Eat it.

the calories vary with how much cheese and or butter you put, but i found I could eat half of this with using a total of four squares of cheese total so i was having two and still be within cals for a 500 calorie meal when eaten with a protein, usually chicken breast. For me it replaced two sides, which would have otherwise been 1/4 plate of a starch like rice or potatoes and 1/2 a plate of veggies. It took up half the plate and then there was the meat. It was a good amount of food and the fats made me stay satisfied for a long time.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Stuffed mushrooms.
    Broccoli with cheese sauce.
    Sweet potato fries.
    Roasted vegetables with crushed red pepper flakes and parmesan cheese.
  • Delll2013
    Delll2013 Posts: 73
    Options
    Karen, I'm not entirely sure but it really keeps me full. Probably because I need to drink a lot of water afterwards :)
  • Claudiaaa1528
    Options
    Thanks a lot for your ideas i'll try some for sure! Don't stop if you have any idea haha
  • vglikman
    vglikman Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Roast your veggies with some olive oil, salt, pepper and fresh garlic. It makes a world of diffence.

Also, sweet potatoes (roasted, baked, boiled, mashed), brown rice, quinoa, couscous, fresh salad.
  • kbooth
    kbooth Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My family LOVES when I make roasted parmesan cauliflower. I simply cut up the cauliflower, sprinkle with olive oil and parmesan cheese (either shredded or grated) and pop in the oven on broil (low) for about 10 minutes until a golden brown color. Super fast, easy and healthy. :)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Aligot, deep fried brussels, twice baked chipotle sweet potatoes with pancetta and cheese
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    Bumping for all of the great ideas!!
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    any kind of roasted veggies. I love roasted zucchini! Yummm...or asparagus...or brussel sprouts...
    or cauliflower...mushrooms...

OK...getting hungry now...