I'm looking female friends that are around 5'3 and 190 lbs

Options
Hello I'm looking for more supportive and motivating friends! I know that together we can thrive in anything we set our minds to! I started this journey on Jan 10th 2013 and found this amazing site on Jan 20th 2013 so far I have lost 31 pounds and can not even explain how I feel! I tought that I would never succeed in losing weight but I am doing it!! I am very excited and happy! If anyone would like to join me in my journey add me! But I am looking for friends that will be 100% dedicated and committed so that together we can support and motivate each other. :heart: :heart:

Replies

• kailexx
    kailexx Posts: 197
    Options
    Hey! I'm 5'1 and 190 lbs at the moment, I've lost 10 pounds so far, with only 70 more to go! I felt the same way as you, i figured i'd only get bigger, and even though i've only lost 10 pounds so far, my entire life is already changed with this new lifestyle i've obtained. I'm pretty dedicated, i'm in 3 challenges already! I'll shoot you a friend request :)
  • PerlaRubi2013
    PerlaRubi2013 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 5'1 and 190 lbs at the moment, I've lost 10 pounds so far, with only 70 more to go! I felt the same way as you, i figured i'd only get bigger, and even though i've only lost 10 pounds so far, my entire life is already changed with this new lifestyle i've obtained. I'm pretty dedicated, i'm in 3 challenges already! I'll shoot you a friend request :)

Yeah you are right!!! Its incredible how our life changes for the good, how we start to love ourselves and the things we can accomplish!! =)
  • kailexx
    Options

Yeah you are right!!! Its incredible how our life changes for the good, how we start to love ourselves and the things we can accomplish!! =)

It really is! I don't know why I didn't do this earlier, my confidence has already increased, i'm not intimated by my goals like I was. It's the best feeling in the world.
  • PerlaRubi2013
    Options

It really is! I don't know why I didn't do this earlier, my confidence has already increased, i'm not intimated by my goals like I was. It's the best feeling in the world.

I know right I ask myself that same question as well but one thing that I tell myself is maybe if I had found this website a year ago I wasnt going to be 100% committed to it in order for this to work you have to be 100% committed and dedicated! =) But 2013 its my year and I'm rocking it!! :heart:
  • kailexx
    Options
    same here! i joined over a year ago, never used it until a month ago, I just needed a lifestyle change, for the better, and now i've even gotten my boyfriend to begin to work out as well. It's fantastic!
  • PerlaRubi2013
    Options
    same here! i joined over a year ago, never used it until a month ago, I just needed a lifestyle change, for the better, and now i've even gotten my boyfriend to begin to work out as well. It's fantastic!

That's awesome!! =)
  • ClosetBibliophile
    Options
    I'm Kellie, 5ft 3 and 200lbs. My life is pretty crazy and I've spent the last two years moving house/jobs a lot as well as trying to sort out finance issues, which is pretty difficult when things are unpredictable. Things are now a little less manic, to the point where I feel I can fully dedicate myself to achieving the body I had before, or at least one I'm happier with!

So, it starts tomorrow! Not in a, putting it off kind of way either! I've spent today planning meals and clearing the cupboards and it feels good to start something fresh on a Monday! I really can't wait, I've never seriously dieted before so it'll be interesting to see how this goes! :)
  • ShoesMiLove
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and 167 pounds and I'm just starting out.
  • ZetteZett
    ZetteZett Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'4" and currently 188 pounds. I've used the app for a while, but just started using the forums today so I'd love to connect with new people. :) It's great to meet someone with similar goals. Congrats on losing that much! It's awesome you're so happy and motivated! I lost some weight about a year ago, but just so many things happening at once kicked me off track, and now I'm back to the beginning. :( Hoping to find new friends to help keep me accountable. :) I'll send a friend request.
  • PerlaRubi2013
    Options
    I'm Kellie, 5ft 3 and 200lbs. My life is pretty crazy and I've spent the last two years moving house/jobs a lot as well as trying to sort out finance issues, which is pretty difficult when things are unpredictable. Things are now a little less manic, to the point where I feel I can fully dedicate myself to achieving the body I had before, or at least one I'm happier with!

So, it starts tomorrow! Not in a, putting it off kind of way either! I've spent today planning meals and clearing the cupboards and it feels good to start something fresh on a Monday! I really can't wait, I've never seriously dieted before so it'll be interesting to see how this goes! :)

You go girl!! Just push forward!! =)
  • PerlaRubi2013
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'4" and currently 188 pounds. I've used the app for a while, but just started using the forums today so I'd love to connect with new people. :) It's great to meet someone with similar goals. Congrats on losing that much! It's awesome you're so happy and motivated! I lost some weight about a year ago, but just so many things happening at once kicked me off track, and now I'm back to the beginning. :( Hoping to find new friends to help keep me accountable. :) I'll send a friend request.

Thank you!! and you only fail if you quit so just keep pushing forward!! I'm here for you!! =)
  • suzanne_oh
    suzanne_oh Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm looking for more supportive and motivating friends! I know that together we can thrive in anything we set our minds to! I started this journey on Jan 10th 2013 and found this amazing site on Jan 20th 2013 so far I have lost 31 pounds and can not even explain how I feel! I tought that I would never succeed in losing weight but I am doing it!! I am very excited and happy! If anyone would like to join me in my journey add me! But I am looking for friends that will be 100% dedicated and committed so that together we can support and motivate each other. :heart: :heart:

I'm a little over 5' 4". I've lost 35 lbs. in the last 18 months, but I've fallen off the wagon a few times. I've lost 12 lbs. since jumping back on the wagon in March and I'm working to get the last 30 - 40 lbs. off by my birthday at the end of September. Feel free to add me!
  • ClosetBibliophile
    Options
    Thank you, I'm hoping the site will keep me on target! Are the forums busy? Do you have any advice?
  • PerlaRubi2013
    Options
    Thank you, I'm hoping the site will keep me on target! Are the forums busy? Do you have any advice?

It has helped me A LOT!! =) The success stories has motivated me to push forward so I recommend it to you!! Look at the success of others and KNOW that you will be SUCCESSFUL as well! =)
  • ClosetBibliophile
    Options
    I'm so glad to hear that!

The success stories are my next stop, would really be able to add one day!
  • PerlaRubi2013
    Options
    I'm so glad to hear that!

The success stories are my next stop, would really be able to add one day!

A have a goal when I reach a year in this site I'm going to post my success story so that will be on Jan 20th 2014 =)
  • fitznewme2013
    Options
    im 5'5" and currently at 185 started at 212 add me if you would like! i log every day!
  • loseitallformenow
    loseitallformenow Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi ~

I am 5'3" and weigh 197. I have been working on my eating since the end of March. I love, love, this site! I could not have done it without the daily log on, food dairy and the exercise tools. This has been awesome so far.

I would like to join your group; support is always a necessary part of exceeding in any goal.
  • TattooMom420
    Options
    You can add , I am 5'5 and 185 lbs. I would like to get down to 125. I am looking for friends that log daily and comment .:smile:
  • sheilagh25
    sheilagh25 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'3" and 185, just heard about the site and signed up today. I started dieting and exercising back in November and have gained about 12 pounds since I started. Obviously, this was very discouraging. A friend of mine had tons of success on MFP and raved about how supportive everyone is. I could use some support! I have a bridesmaid dress to fit in to on June 30th, and when I ordered it, it would have fit, but the additional pounds screwed that up for me. I don't want to do any drastic diets, I want to be healthy. I'd love to hear what you have found to be most effective!