rice

Options
ok so I am on a white rice with soy sauce kick. Is rice really all that bad for trying to lose weight? It is so high in calories but I always thought it was good for you?

Replies

• megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Rice is ok if it fits your macros...but white rice isn't as healthy as brown rice. (Not a huge difference, but still....) Also, soy sauce is incredibly high in sodium. Could be an issue.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    It's high in calories, low in nutrients, and soy sauce is really bad for sodium. As long as you stay in your budget it won't slow weight loss but there are definitely better food choices to be made.
  • duckcom39
    duckcom39 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    TY for the advice. I have come under in my salt intake thankfully bc I dont cook with it or use table salt, etc. Sugar is where I run into going over occasionally.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    If you're enjoying your rice and soy sauce and it fits into your calories without leaving you hungry later I think you'll be fine. You may want to consider possibly trying a lower sodium soy sauce to help reduce you sodium intake and potential water retention though. I don't notice much difference in the taste of the two.
  • duckcom39
    Options
    TY I didn't think about the water retention part of that..some great advice from everyone. ty
  • duckcom39
    Options
    Thank you. can you give me other suggestions of types of food? I have to run a strict diet bc I am allergic to so much and I have diverticula so no nuts, corn, seeds, strawberries etc. I am also lactose intolerant so I dink soy milk. I am also allergic to MSG. That one is a huge one bc it is in a lot of foods. Eating out is almost impossible. I do really well with subway but realistically I can't afford to do that. I was shocked at the amount of salt in turkey. I do eat fresh fish from local lake once a month.