a mini goal? anyone want to join me?

Options
so im currently 236lbs i have 110 lbs to lose before im at the high end of the scale for a healthy BMI...... and 80lbs to go before i reach the smallest weight ive ever been......these numbers are sooo LARGE to me they scare me and discourage me....i need to do mini goals but i need support anyone who a lot to lose want to join me? im going to start on the 1st....this is when my husband gets paid again...( my wallet was stolen and we have nothing but junk in my house......and no fresh canned or frozen fruits for veggies) i would like to lose 10lbs in about 6 weeks......if thats not to much to fast to to little? im not sure how to set realstic mini goals either.....suggestions are welcome also.....

basicly i would like my goals to be kept at smaller numbers to its not to overwhelming

Replies

• DivaMuscle
    DivaMuscle Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to drop in and say good luck! Keep your mini goals realistic - and focus on each day rather than the big number. If you focus on one day at a time that should make things much easier.

Go for it girl :)
  • LaNetHester
    LaNetHester Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! After having 3 kids its all I can do to lose weight. My goal is 45lbs and Im determined to get there.
    Good luck to you all!
    Shauna, take it day by day and just track your food. I lost 20 something lbs a while back but when I stopped tracking my food I started eating "wrong" again and then I gained it all back. Track your foods, do light work until you lose enough weight that your body can handle more and just go from there. YOU CAN DO IT!
  • mamaDaisyJ
    mamaDaisyJ Posts: 395
    Options
    Sounds like a realistic mini goal to me. while you wait for the first, you might start getting used to drinking all that water (assuming you don't already) It took me like 2 weeks to wean myself fully from dr.pepper. This will even let you get a jumpstart on your mini goal too. Watch your sodium to help with loss, it will stall ya and its discouraging. Of course ya gotta watch other stuff, but MY experience has sodium as my biggest downfall to success.
  • shawnalmil
    shawnalmil Posts: 137
    Options
    Sounds like a realistic mini goal to me. while you wait for the first, you might start getting used to drinking all that water (assuming you don't already) It took me like 2 weeks to wean myself fully from dr.pepper. This will even let you get a jumpstart on your mini goal too. Watch your sodium to help with loss, it will stall ya and its discouraging. Of course ya gotta watch other stuff, but MY experience has sodium as my biggest downfall to success.
    the good thing about me is i dont like a lotta salt stuff.......but i love lunch meat and cheese and there is a ton in there....
  • auttyfrmca
    auttyfrmca Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    10 lbs in 6 weeks is realistic. Too much dairy is another thing that can keep you bloated and holding on to the weight. And watch the fruit you eat. Apparently this has been a downfall of mine because I stopped eating so much sugary fruit and I lost some weight this week. Berries and watermelon are really good
  • mamaDaisyJ
    mamaDaisyJ Posts: 395
    Options
    Yea, I never cooked with salt either. Mine came from processed foods, even some yogurts and alot of low fat stuff. Still adjusting, but I have been under prolly 7 out of the last 8 days.
    I LOVE grapes and oranges and bananas, so I'm not to the point of getting rid of those sugars .... yet. I have cut out most added sugars though. I don't know what I would do without my grapes in the evening!
  • Chris_B
    Chris_B Posts: 15
    Options
    need support anyone who a lot to lose want to join me?
    basicly i would like my goals to be kept at smaller numbers to its not to overwhelming

Hey Shawna,
    I'll join you.
    I just started two-three weeks ago. took me a couple weeks to get the hang of logging in all my food and figuring out the double cheeseburgers and large fries weren't on the healthy nutritious list. :laugh:
    I was really amazed at how mush I had been eating when I started eating the appropriate portions sizes of everything.
    I started at 300# and want to get to 205# over the next 20 months. I am 296 now, lost 4# so far. Weigh in is Monday for me.
    Good luck to us both.

Chris
  • profjan6
    profjan6 Posts: 333
    Options
    I would definitely join in this mini goal. I think it is realistic and not too much. I tend to create goals that are too out of reach, so maybe this is a good one! I have a long way to go, but I am doing it slowly.
  • flyinghands
    Options
    I just set a mini goal for the Labour Day Challenge of 6 lbs. If I did more than lose 6 I would be happy, but I think 1.5 per week is plenty for me to consider.
    I will not have as much control over the menu for 2 of the weeks in August and will attempt to keep my exercise goals.

My overall loss needed is about 45 lbs. but I got stuck for the last 6 months in the 180s and then the weight went back up over 190 in spite of my exercise; a friend suggested MFP. This (thread) group will be a good place for me for accounting for my actions in August.
  • scott24
    scott24 Posts: 132
    Options
    I'm in too! I lost a lot rather quickly but am now down to 2 lbs/wk, so I'm looking at the same pace as you.
  • drjackson23
    drjackson23 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    the good thing about me is i dont like a lotta salt stuff.......but i love lunch meat and cheese and there is a ton in there....
  • drjackson23
    drjackson23 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Cheese is a hard one! Ive switched to wheat everything and the 45 cal bread is fab! Ive tried every diet out there and I absolutely love MFP!! 23lbs so far!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    count me in, I will join you on your mini goal
  • hannatrip
    Options
    10 lbs in 6 weeks is realistic. Too much dairy is another thing that can keep you bloated and holding on to the weight. And watch the fruit you eat. Apparently this has been a downfall of mine because I stopped eating so much sugary fruit and I lost some weight this week. Berries and watermelon are really good

I eat alot of cottage cheese and yogurt.....could that be why im not losing quickly? I was thinking of the protien in it and didnt think of it being dairy.....one of my main problems is i dont know what to eat!! help please!!