Have I lost the game?

Options
Honestly, I've been binging all week long.

I gained almost 10 pounds and it's Sunday midnight and thinking of going back on track.

I need some motivation.. Actually I'm desperate to "listen" encouraging words from people like you so I can get inspired again. I had lost 65 pounds and now I gained 10 of them back :'(

Replies

• uthatswho
    uthatswho Posts: 34
    Options
    Don't think about getting back on track, do it!
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm up about 6 lbs in 3 days! Don't worry!! Have lots of water, snack on some veggies. Don't feel bad! =) I'm going for a walk with my doggie then going back out to run. It'll go away!
  • mailuci
    mailuci Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Dont bit urself up . just dust the guilt off and get back on the saddle. it does happen to best of us . :flowerforyou:
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    It sounds like a familiar situation for a lot of people to find themselves in that have lost a lot of weight (I am sure even people who are new to the journey)... Let yourself have that binge and now get back on track, focus on your goals, and get it done!

I was pretty lax with my diet for about a month, the scale was creeping up but I made myself an approved 'comfort zone' then I was off to Mexico and I gained almost 20 lbs from my lowest weight, 15 from my comfort zone. What really really shocked me back into reality was that my clothes no longer fit. Ya ya the scale doesn't mean anything, but it certainly does when your clothes no longer fit. I have busted my butt and the weight isn't all off yet but as my clothes start to feel ok again, I realize this can't happen again!!!

Gotta keep to the plan, you have come WAY too far to go back now. So realize that your binge is over, and jump back up on the wagon! you can do it!
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I think it is important to learn. Why are you binging? What is causing it? Stress? Anger? Sadness? Boredom? I find that addressing the problem helps with the solution. Once I realized why I was eating (aside from hunger), then I had the will power to stop those actions and focus on finding a real solution.
  • terriejones
    terriejones Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Time to just do it. You're still down 55 lbs. Make a good choice today and don't worry about tomorrow. Yesterday is gone, so just worry about today. You can do this.
  • bwnorton
    bwnorton Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Your body had a set point that was much higher. It's trying to return to that heavy weight. You've come so far! Now is the time to put the spoon down and step back. Why did you want to lose weight in the first place? Those reasons are still good ones! We're trying to set a healthier lifestyle. Once you reach maintenance, you'll still have to work at it because we have high calorie foods all around us.
  • gel91
    gel91 Posts: 309
    Options
    10lb is nothing. I put almost 40 that I lost back on.

Turn it around now before you end up in a bitter twisted diet all over again! (like me!!)

I got much more work to do, and wish I stopped at 10lb, think about the time difference in working 10lb off as opposed to more. You can do it!!
  • ddky
    ddky Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    You haven't lost the game until you stop trying. And part of that 10 pounds is probably water. Get off your pity pony and get back in the game. You can do this.
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    The past doesn't matter.

You have successfully sprinted well past the "past" and have made it to the present. Focus on today. Forget about yesterday!
  • donald149
    donald149 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    It's like parallel parking. Doesn't matter how many tries it takes, how bad it looks, who is watching - all that matters is that eventually you get there!
  • NoWeighJose74
    NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Is that 10lbs in ONE week?

If that's what the scale is saying, I highly doubt it's 10lbs of fat.

But besides that, don't give up on yourself. You can't be perfect ALL the time. Forgive yourself the indiscretion, and hit it hard again. :smile:
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    There is a binge eating group on here and we have a monthly me vs the binge challenge. Very busy and active group, suggest you do a search of groups here and join.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Yes pretty sure some of that is going to be water weight from carbs/sodium so don't panic just start afresh.
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    WHAT???? You lost 65 lbs/gained back 10 and want to give up??? are you kidding? you've still lost 55 and you'll lose that 10 and whatever else you want to lose. this is your life not anybody else's so get over it and start again :flowerforyou:
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Just let it go. We all screw up and your still over 50lbs down. If I could eat the way I want to and not have issues I would not be here. Start over tommorrow.
  • LouMonoLou
    LouMonoLou Posts: 192
    Options
    You're all SO SO SO SO nice! I'm back on track by the way. :)
  • natmadc
    natmadc Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    10lb is nothing. I put almost 40 that I lost back on.

Turn it around now before you end up in a bitter twisted diet all over again! (like me!!)

I got much more work to do, and wish I stopped at 10lb, think about the time difference in working 10lb off as opposed to more. You can do it!!

I second this, same thing happened to me. Just get yourself together before you go further down an unhealthy path.