Looking for some support and friends

Options
I'm fairly new to this, I joined here a few months ago and never did much with it. Now I really want to make this work and do my best with it. I'm looking for some support on this journey, and I would love to support others as well. I've been trying for too long to do it on my own, and it's just not going to work.

Replies

• peckle123
    peckle123 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    hi add me , i find MPF friends have really helped me
  • kerrikervin1
    kerrikervin1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It sure isn't easy thats for sure. I am a vegitarian runner who tries to eat vegan when possible. I need to increase my protein and iron intake. This has been hard for me because I snack to much and dont leave enough calories for good food. This weekend I made some healthy high protein meals for the week, so hopefully that will help. I have about 5 pounds to lose so I am more on maintenance.

I have three children in three different schools due to their ages. I am working on my masters degree and taking a couple of courses over the summer whil working full time. This doesnt leave a lot of time for food prep so I try to juice and add in salads because they are fairly fast. My problem is getting the protein from plant based sources.

I love to run. I ran my first marathon this year, and I was slow, very slow. But, as the saying goes, I was lapping everyone on the couch. The point is that you have to start somewhere. Could be adding in an extra exercise class, or it could be taking your first walk. Whatever it is, I am sure you can do it. Good luck to all of you :) Kerri
  • mrsfatbird
    mrsfatbird Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi I have come back to this after just over 6 months break. Fed up loosing the weight and then putting it back on again!! Want to try and loose 1 stone again and keep it off this time. Feel free to add me and hope we can help each other.
  • Marley112586
    Marley112586 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Im supportive and if you quit logging ill harrass you. Lol. Add me.