BODY MEDIA USERS- need advice

Options
Hey! I have a body media. I'm wondering if any one else who has one is steadily losing weight? If so can u tell me how much of a deficit you eat at? Like what is your average burn and what do you eat?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• imjusme
    imjusme Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I use one. My average deficit over the last 28 days was 1300. My average burn over 28 days was 2700. I have been steadily losing, however the last two weeks I have lost nothing. My plan is to increase my calories so that my deficit isn't so high.
    I love the BMF but I have had some issues with it, like spin class/weight lifting. I have found that wearing it on my calf for spin/elliptical/anything non or low impact works pretty well. I also feel like once you have worn it for a few months you begin to see patterns...you start to learn what your body does and then it isn't as necessary.
  • watfordjc
    watfordjc Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I try to stick to a deficit that averages to 1% of my bodyweight per week rounded down to the nearest 0.25 lb, +/- 0.25 lb. I messed up with my math a couple of months ago and only realised this week, so my deficit was between 825 kcal/day and 1,075 kcal/day (instead of between 875 kcal/day and 1,125 kcal/day). As my time-frame and goals are based on 1% per week, I'm aiming for a deficit of 1,125 kcal/day until I drop below 200 lb, then 1,000 kcal/day until I've caught up with my goals and then going back to a deficit range.

As far as average daily burns and consumption... I am mostly sedentary and I do a fair bit of walking for exercise, so mine swings wildly but I try to maintain a similar daily deficit. Last week I was fairly active:

Sat: 3,499 expended; 2,391 consumed; 1,108 deficit.
    Sun: 3,435 expended; 2,360 consumed; 1,075 deficit.
    Mon: 2,473 expended; 1,457 consumed; 1,016 deficit.
    Tue: 3,353 expended; 2,187 consumed; 1,166 deficit.
    Wed: 5,765 expended; 4,588 consumed; 1,176 deficit.
    Thu: 5,168 expended; 4,030 consumed; 1,138 deficit.
    Fri: 2,807 expended; 1,642 consumed; 1,165 deficit.

Average expenditure: 3,786 kcal/day
    Average consumption: 2,665 kcal/day
    Average deficit: 1,121 kcal/day
    Total weekly deficit: 7,844 kcal (2.24 lb)
    Weight loss: 2.25 lb

It's not usually that exact and I have to average 4-6 weeks to get my average weekly weight loss, but last week I walked 46 miles and the week before I walked 45 miles and the food I ate was similar so there was minimal water weight fluctuation.

My first full day with the device I was at 256.75 lb so my deficit range then would have been 1,125 - 1,375 kcal/day

My weight loss is in line with what I expect with my deficit, although there were a few weeks when I was questioning it as I regained some water weight and it wasn't shifting (after trying monitoring sodium intake I dropped exercise for a couple of weeks, weighed what I expected my "real" weight was, concluded the device was accurate enough for me, and went back to what I was doing).

I was really ill for several weeks and didn't do any exercise and also lost what I expected (plus a bit more because of a drop in consumption and activity shed water weight which went back on when I upped both again) despite being in bed most of the time.

Other than the blips where my activity level (and consumption) have changed, my progress chart over the last 22 weeks looks almost linear (it isn't, because of the two reductions in my deficit range as I've lost weight). I know approximately how far I have to walk to burn so many calories, but I have to wear it when I go out for the day as my activity level is too variable (and I use the display when out and about so I don't under-eat) - I was going to walk 12 miles Thursday evening to reach my deficit (I'd eaten whatever I wanted) but a look at the display, the number of calories I'd consumed, and a bit of head-math said I only needed to walk 5 so that's all I did.
  • teachmom32
    teachmom32 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I don't know if the other two replies were from men, but I assume they were because having that large of a deficit is very hard for a woman. I've had my BMF for almost 4 weeks. During that time, I've lost 4 pounds exactly. My goal is set at 2250 for calories burned and I eat 1750. If I burn more than that, I don't eat anymore. So, I'm averaging (after all is said and done) about a 600 calorie deficit as some days I burn more than the 2250.

As a woman, I only burn 1.1 calories a minute when I am sedentary. That's only about 1584 in a day. My husband, on the other hand, uses my old body bugg and he burns 1.6 calories a minute being sedentary. This is a huge difference! Also, when we exercise, he burns sometimes double what I do doing the exact same exercise at the same intensity.
  • imjusme
    imjusme Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am a woman as well. I obtain my deficit by activity. My goal is set at 2500 calories burned, and 1500 intake. I happened to be out of work and went to the gym every single day and kept active all day long. So that is why my averages are higher I think. I start work tomorrow so we shall see how my numbers change.
  • BluthLover
    BluthLover Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!