New to MFP!

Options
Hello,

I'm so glad I found this site! I have been trying to lose weight for about a year and the diets I've tried, I've not succeeded at. I'm a student so a lot of my time is spent sitting down and I don't particularly enjoy "working out." Any tips to help me enjoy exercising would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking forward to meeting people who have the same goal as me, LOSING WEIGHT!

Rebekah

Replies

• angiereid
    angiereid Posts: 158
    Options
    i am not new but just started 5 months ago how do i start my own topic not sure?
  • rebekah_hughes
    Options
    If you click the home button, under Message Boards, on your screen, a list of different topics should pop up. You need to choose a category to post under. After you do that, click it and a button- New Topic- should show up.

Hope this helps:)
  • Uhlissuh
    Uhlissuh Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi Rebekah!

Welcome to MFP! I am pretty new as well. I started about 2 weeks ago and freakin' LOVE it! It has really helped me become so much more aware of everything I'm eating throughout the day and has really made me WANT to eat healthy! Which is awesome because I can't do the diet thing (and quite frankly don't want to). If you want to meet people who share the interest of wanting to lose weight, you've definitely come to the right place! :)

Alyssa
  • lprewett86
    lprewett86 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!! You will love it here. I started the last week of June and have been doin good since. I, like you do not enjoy exercising... or let's say I didn't before. Now I do interactive workouts on the Wii and stuff. I find that on the days I do work out I feel so much better. I don't go to a gym or anything, we don't live close to one... but what I do at home makes me feel better about myself. I'm trying to eat healthier and make lifestyle changes!! Send a friend request if you'd like! :)
  • urdaprincess
    Options
    Hi All,

I good friend of mines turned me on to this site and I am excited about it. I just completed my activities for today. I did put my profile to public, so I am not sure if you guys can view it...duh. I was not surprised at all about my reds in the food section; although I was pleasantly surprised that my reccomended sodium amounts was in tact. I am currently 218lbs. I am hoping to lose 90lbs totaled. I wish everyone the best of success. :happy: :happy:
  • urdaprincess
    Options
    Iprewet88...congrats on losing 12lbs thurs far keep up the good work!
  • urdaprincess
    Options
    Uhlissuh...agreed I hate the word DIET! I am working on a lifestyle change that I can stick to. I am happy things are working out so far good luck.