So my quest for jeans took me to Old Navy...

Options
I figure that the have sizes from very,very small to size 20 in the store. So I went to try on their size 20 jeans and to my delight they fit perfectly! So I'm shooting for an 18 by the rehearsal dinner of a wedding that I'm in on September 10 and a size 16 by Christmas day. I think that's doable right?

Replies

• imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I figure that the have sizes from very,very small to size 20 in the store. So I went to try on their size 20 jeans and to my delight they fit perfectly! So I'm shooting for an 18 by the rehearsal dinner of a wedding that I'm in on September 10 and a size 16 by Christmas day. I think that's doable right?

YAY for you! I LOVE old navy..clearance sale right now, 50% off their clearance prices...woohooo., and yes I think it's very doable, because you want it bad enough! :happy:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Watch out for old navy they streach ALOT! If you can get 18s up and zipped after about an hour of wearing they would probably fit. Good luck.
  • Rhaeven
    Rhaeven Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    LOVE my Old Navy Jeans.... I am wearing 20s and 18s right now. Yeah, they stretch a bit, but...sooo comfy. My favorites are The Flirt style
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I just bought 6 v-necks, 4 camisoles, and 5 pairs of jeans for less than 80 dollars. All because of Old Navy. Love that place, lol.

But as for your post, GREAT job! I just into an 18 at old Navy and jumped for joy, lol.
  • dgroulx
    dgroulx Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of gray Old Navy jeans, size 18, from my last attempt at dieting. I still need to lose several inches, but they are waiting for me. Last diet, I could only wear them about a month before they were too big. They do seem to stretch. Too bad the plus sizes are mail order only.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Yes, they do stretch a lot! I have either an 18 or 20 that I am working on getting back into as well. :) And I had no idea they had clothes on clearance, I need to go see what tops I can find!
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Yes, they do stretch a lot! I have either an 18 or 20 that I am working on getting back into as well. :) And I had no idea they had clothes on clearance, I need to go see what tops I can find!

The jeans they have right now are on double clearance, then 50% off (when I went, it was 30%, though). I bought five pairs of jeans. The original price was 20, clearanced to 14, double clearanced to 9.99, then i got 30% off the clearance price.

Can't beat 7-dollar jeans. :P
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options

Absolutely it is and WTG to you!!!

Your posting is an inspiration, truly. The very best in your weight loss xxx :flowerforyou:
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    another one that loves 'old navy' clothes!

congrats on getting into a size 20. your goals seem doable to me. :) good luck!
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options

I always forget they have some larger sizes. Thank you for the reminder, I need a new place to shop. You sure can be in a size 16 by Christmas. Good for you for setting some realistic goals. :flowerforyou:
  • Dreaj79
    Dreaj79 Posts: 212
    Options

I always forget they have some larger sizes. Thank you for the reminder, I need a new place to shop. You sure can be in a size 16 by Christmas. Good for you for setting some realistic goals. :flowerforyou:

I have a new favorite jean!!! The 'sweetheart' jeans i tried on yesterday. I can't wait until its time to go shopping!!!
  • greenteadaily
    Options
    Congrats!

Thanks for the encouragement to go to ON. When we went on a recent trip, DH questioned that I was only taking one pair of pants (besides capris and shorts). I said - I ONLY HAVE ONE PAIR THAT FITS!

I have smaller sizes waiting for me, but for now, 1 jeans, 1 capris, and two shorts. I hate to spend money on 'big' clothes again. I lost 20 pounds 18 months ago, only to put them all right back on. I got rid of my 'big' clothes that time, SURE that I would not regain. (Actually, I'm cheap and I figured it would be motivation to stay on track...wrong.)

Anyway, if I can find things cheap enough, I'll pick up another pair. Thanks.