Needs Something I can do at home with the kids in the way

Options
So I need something that I can do at home!! I have a 3 year old that is always up under me when we are at home so it is kinda hard to get anything done, esp. exercise. So I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.
Thanks

Replies

• MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I would definitely try a dance video. I babysit for a 2.5 year old, and if I'm doing a workout video, she comes up and dances with me. Exercise for two!
  • rna2007
    rna2007 Posts: 9
    Options
    I agree..Dance. Even if you don't have a dance video, turn on some fast paced music and both of you can dance. Play games inside or out, hide and seek, there are lots of ways to get excersize with him/her there with you. Make it fun.
  • LeanLisa4U
    LeanLisa4U Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My youngest son (now 11) has been working out with me since he could walk. Turbo Jam, P90X...just get something fun. There are also DVD's for kids that you can do with him from BeachBody. You are welcome to go to my website to check them out. www.beachbodycoach.com/LeanLisa4U. Go to Shop and look under Shaun T or Tony Horton for the kids videos. :flowerforyou:
  • GrammaPower
    GrammaPower Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have Granddaughters 3 mths, 1 1/2 yr and 8 yrs old. I've decided my options include: A. Getting UP an hour earlier in the am. (do! cause it works the best!)
    B. Stay awake an hour extra after they are asleep, (usually way too tired) C. Turn on a video during nap times (this works for me) D. Include two out of three in the work out. (This works well for me!)
    E. Hand 'em all over to Grampa for a 2 hour split to the gym or park, when he gets home from his work. (This works sometimes! : ) )
    F. JUST ask myself - HOW BAD DO I WANT IT? - and then, there IS a way! Everyday! Be the PACK Leader & set the pace - your kids will it! It will also teach them the importance of patience & priorities! And - I know, 3 is young!
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I have a 4 year old so I understand! Some things I have tried that work (I have a lot because whether or not they work on any given day varies!):

Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds Express DVDs (my little boy loves playing with the stretchie bands)
    Wii Fit (he does exercises beside me and then gets his own turn)
    Taking a walk around the neighborhood and racing to the next streetlight, mailbox, etc.

I'll have to try dancing too. I am a horrible dancer but I doubt he'd care! :)
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    My 3 year old likes to mock me while i do it he also gets a kick out of me lay on my back and holding him above me pushing him up and then back down to my face--- he loves it...do it again mommy again---- he loves to chase me and i chase him in the front yard, can get get my heart rate up pretty good. If you make them feel a part of what you are doing less likely they'll be in the way.
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    My 3 year old likes to mock me while i do it he also gets a kick out of me lay on my back and holding him above me pushing him up and then back down to my face--- he loves it...do it again mommy again---- he loves to chase me and i chase him in the front yard, can get get my heart rate up pretty good. If you make them feel a part of what you are doing less likely they'll be in the way.
  • softlyspoken68
    Options
    Get the WIIFIT plus :)
    Get anything Leslie Sansone...
    and just boogie and do it together
  • lalouli
    lalouli Posts: 41
    Options
    Are you open to letting him nap in the stroller while you walk the neighborhood or a park trail? I always prefer to be outdoors, myself. Don't do videos unless it's a last resort, but I know a lot of other people enjoy them.
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    I just put my girls done for a nap - sometimes they fall asleep and sometimes they just spend that time playing together (i have a 2 yr old and a 8 month old).

kids also need their quiet time =)
  • cakesmooth
    cakesmooth Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    The Wii Fit is awesome because you can break each work-out into minute intervals and play with the kid in between or just come back to it later if you have to. I have a 1 year old. Jogging or walking with a jogging stroller has worked the best. Sometimes he naps during the 30-45 minute work-out. If he is still asleep when we get home I bust out some small 5 pound weights and do a little strength training or stretching or I shower. Who knew a peaceful shower could be such a luxery.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    you can play tag, water balloons, take them to the park( walk if possible) and swing with them , walk around the playground while they play, push them on the tire swings, climb the slides with them , all of this is exercise and fun for everyone