tea?

Options
how much is too much?
i drink tea like it is water is it a bad thing or a good thing ?
what tea should i drink instead?
i normally drink white/green with no milk or sugar

Replies

• Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    you could try an herbal style with out caffeine. Tea is not a bad thing only the caffeine is dehydrating to your cells and you need to hydrate. I like mint or something like a lemon zinger
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    I drink green tea without sugar or sugar substitutes all day (about 10 cups or 80 oz).

It does help me controlled the afternoon "cravings" .
    Every time I want to eat outside my planned calories for the day, I will have another swig of green tea and I wait 15 minutes.
    The "Craving" disappears.

I guess it was just plain thirst and my brain was sending me wrong signals.

Good luck in your journey.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I drink decaf green tea all day long.
  • JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Green tea and Decaf English breakfast tea
  • Caleysia1
    Caleysia1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i call it fancy tea but it is purely tea with different things added to give it flavor. would these tea have and hidden calories because i drink them 24/7
    the added stuff are all natural like rose buds and orange peel stuff like that not added flavorings and sugar.
  • pamhoffca
    pamhoffca Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm a tea-aholic myself. I just make your standard unsweetened tea from tea bags and keep in in the fridge. I will have ice tea with stevia most of the time. But lately, I've been switching it out with water (every other), just to see if it helps move the weight more. I have been finding that I don't "pee" as much with as much tea I drink, so I'm not sure if its because of drinking tea instead of water, or just too much sodium. I"m trying to change both (tea) and do less salt.

I have heard that tea counts as a water tho.
    Pam
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    ts 0 caleries
    the only thing u nee d to worry about is the caffine
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    i drink tea so i don't eat.

I LOVE MY TEA!!!!!

And I try to drink water with it.

Right now I am enjoying a Ruby Port, though :laugh:
  • vickilgreshik
    vickilgreshik Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm drinking tea as I read this. I don't like cold tea or iced tea or any of the tea-flavored beverages. I find a nice hot cup of Constant Comment green tea is perfect after a meal, warm and soothing so I don't eat dessert, or mid-afternoon when I would otherwise be disposed to snack. As long as your tea doesn't contain sugars, the caffeine in green tea (less than in black) shouldn't be an issue unless it causes sleep issues. 80 ounces is high but then I have easily 50 ounces of coffee every morning (a full pot), so I'm not really in a position to question the modest caffeine in my 4-5 daily cups of green tea.
  • brainzap
    brainzap Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    As long as it's unsweetened and uncaffeinated..drink as much as you want.