Nursing Students!!

Options
Hi I'm a nursing student only 8 months from graduation!! I don't want to be overweight when it comes to trying to teach my patients about being healthy, so he re I am! Only problem is I can't find the time to exercise!! I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle of weight loss because I'm in nursing school. Anyone having the same problems or has HAD? Thanks! :)

Replies

• Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    <----law school. I feel your pain.
  • Deziray41
    Deziray41 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    The stress is ridiculous!! It really feels like an up hill battle :(
  • meggyshae
    meggyshae Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm in nursing school and only 7 months from graduating! I find the time to work out 6 days a week. It's hard but I make it happen! Good luck!
  • Deziray41
    Options
    That's awesome! Maybe I'm just not trying hard enough to fit it in :/
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Is there a park or someplace you can walk thats near where you work/school?

If nothing else walking is something.
  • meggyshae
    meggyshae Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    When I'm at the hospital I walk the stairs. I squeeze it in whenever and wherever I can!!
  • alexapatel
    alexapatel Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am in dental hygiene school with one year left and feel the same way! This semester, I made working out a PRIORITY! I could have done better than I have been, but 12 hour days of class and clinical really made it hard.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Hellloooo Nurse
  • Candi8099
    Candi8099 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Here is a board for Nursing students to be a part of & share weaknesses and accomplishments together!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/405-nursing-students

I feel your pain hunny!! Early congratulations to you, I'm waiting to get into clinials.
  • Deziray41
    Options
    Thanks Candi! Yeah I realize I haven't been making it a priority and have jusr made excuses. I did realize there's a walking track down the road from school so I can just walk there during lunch! Any little bit will help :)