How many times a day do you eat???

Options
I am a HS teacher, and when school starts up I am in the classroom by 6:45 am---but kids are gone by 2:00. Lunch about 11:00.....
Thinking about how many 'times' I will eat.
Plan a specific meal at 2:15???

What are others doing?

Replies

• 1Steph1
    1Steph1 Posts: 145
    Options
    4-5
  • MrsBattousai
    MrsBattousai Posts: 171
    Options
    I eat 5 times a day and protein with every meal
    A big breakfast with atleast 30g of protein
    Cottage chesse vector and fruit
    Eggs and egg whites
    and vegs
    Snack around 9:00a.m.
    Lunch at 11
    snack around 2p.m.
    Then dinner around 4:30-5:00p.m.
    Then kitchen is closed
    Good luck!
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    I eat 5 to 6 times a day. Breakfast at 8, snack at 10:30, lunch at 12, snack at 3, dinner usually between 5 and 5:30 and then a snack around 8 (if I'm hungry). I work in an office, so I can work my meals/snack around my break times or I can eat at my desk.
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    5 times a day to increase my meatbolism. Lean protein with each meal. Larger meals in the morning reducing in size as the day goes on :smile:
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I'm also a high school teacher, and have had some success with the 3-hour diet (though not in the last two years). My teaching day runs from 7:35-2:25, with 50 minute periods. So, I had breakfast at 5:45, snack at 8:45, lunch during my lunch period (11:45-12:02!), a snack at 2:45 before leaving to drive carpool, and had dinner with my kids at 6.

Snacks of fruit, or 100-cal pack, or yogurt worked the best for me at school. I have access to a mini kitchen at work, so stored salad fixings Monday morning to last all week.

When I look at this, then look at my stomach, I wonder what the heck went wrong: I had a system! Sheesh... (I know what went wrong.... and now, to move on... I can do this!)
  • baggins706
    baggins706 Posts: 310
    Options
    Breakfast @ 7, 11AM, Lunch@1:00, 3PM, Dinner @ 5:30 and Snack @ 7:30
  • GrammaPower
    GrammaPower Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    * am rather new to this but eat EVERY 3 hours - start w/ brkfst @ 7am / 10am / 1pm / 4pm & 7pm with each meal being 250-300 cals that include 15-20 grams protein & 7-10 grams fiber.
    * I teach art classes to elementary age children so I "pack" up to three mini-meals (as I call them per day - the 10a/1pm/& 4pm. Usually hardboiled eggs (save 1/2 the yolks for my dogs), high fiber/low carb tortillas/ organic peanut butter, canned chicken and a multi-veg crunch salad in tupperware. Seems to be working - losing FAT, gaining Muscle - slowly! And yes - I seem to always be eating & am NEVER hungry - never. Have to work at eating my exercise cals - so I add extra in my cooler as such so I am not faced with all the excess cals for night time!
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I try for 5 meals, well 3 meals and 2 smaller snacks - reckon that it is good to keep my metabolism going....... and better for me at any rate to be able to reduce my portion sizes too.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    5 = 3 standard meals, 2 snacks.
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Well, during school/work season, I eat 4 times a day (3 meals, 1 snack after classes).

But since it's summertime and I'm currently out of a job, I pretty much snack all day long- eating about.... 8 times a day, I suppose. I just basically eat about every 2 hours (but it's small stuff- yogurt, string cheese, milk, etc).
  • auttyfrmca
    auttyfrmca Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering what I was going to do when school started as well!! I don't start until 8:05 but I eat at 7:15....don't have any other time to eat closer to the start time. I don't have lunch until 10:55. That's quite a big time slot of no food. I think have another break at 2, My kids are starving when they get home from school so I tend to make dinner right away. And then a protein shake!
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I eat 5-6 times a day and I'm a middle school teacher. I generally:

5:30--breakfast
    9:05--snack (during the 4 minutes class change I eat a homemade protein bar)
    10:45--lunch (lucky me, I get the early lunch time)

I have planning at the end of the day (1:10-2:40), and I generally have some string cheese or something smaller at that time.

3:30 (home from work--p.m. snack--Shakeology)

4:00-5:30--dog walk and workout

6:30-7:00ish--dinner

8:30--small high protein snack
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    I average 5-6 times per day.