Can't lose

Options
smacaulay
smacaulay Posts: 62 Member
I am logging in everything! I am walking 5 days a week. I am eating under the caloric goal and have lost 3 pds and gained 2 back - does anyone have any suggestions??? :(

Replies

• hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    how close together were the weigh ins?
  • smacaulay
    Options
    I weigh every day - started at 150 then was about 147 a week ago and this morning I weighed 149!
  • huneysuckle
    Options
    i was always told weigh once a week same time same day
  • smacaulay
    Options
    I started June 11. I am killing myself!
  • smacaulay
    Options
    I will try that - it is just so frustrating!
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    Well you're not supposed to eat under the caloric goal, you're supposed to try the best you can to meet it at 0. Of course that rarely happens, but that would be considered ideal.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    This is the reason they say NOT to weigh everyday. Your weight will fluctuate from hour to hour and day to day. Pick a day (mine is now Sunday) to weigh in and do so at the same time every week - morning when you get up is best. Don't worry - keep it up!
  • canroadrunner
    canroadrunner Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    If you are not eating all your calories and are not eating back your exercise calories, this is probably the reason.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I got on the scale monday at 220

I worked out and ate at calorie goal until Friday...Friday morning 222

Saturday morning 224

I logged what I ate on friday and saturday, just was over goal but not enought to gain 4 lbs in 2 days.

I know it is frustrating. Just keep plugging along,

When I initially lost lots of weight I always thought I was losing about 10 lbs a month....when I went back and looked out how much I lost a month it was only 5 lbs a month, some months I wouldn't lose any I would fluctuate back and forth 2-3 lbs.

I kept up the work and lost 83 lbs. Then one day I started letting life and the scale really get to me. Every time I saw that see saw it made me want to give up and I did.

Now after keeping 83 lbs off for over 2 years, in the last 6 months I've gained back over 30 just from frustration. Don't let that be you.
    You number on the scale is just information it is doesn't equal your self worth or diminish how hard you've been working.
  • CoachJ77
    CoachJ77 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I always eat under my caloric goal and I do just fine. Maybe you need to switch up what you do though. You could be gaining muscle as well and that is countering your scale. Remember the scale doesn't measure how much fat you lost and muscle you gain. If you can, I would suggest getting to a gym and using the eliptical trainer. You can intensify your workout and burn a bit more. Also give your self one cheat day a week, to activate your metabolism. Other than that, it is really just a process.

Oh and I use the site not for the goal it sets for me but so I know what I am eating. I think the goal for my calories is too high.
  • nancyggg
    nancyggg Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are weighing to often. Or least counting it. A lot of us are "addicted" to the scale but you should set one day a week for "weigh in" day. THat is the only day that you log.

Also, try some weights. Building muscle is important too. The more muscle and the faster your metabolism and the more you can eat.

Plus, Make sure you are logging every bite that goes in your mouth. Sometimes its
    those handfuls of things we forget about that are the cause our issues.

Just don't give up. You will figure it out and there are a lot of great people on this site to help you.
  • smacaulay
    Options
    Thanks guys! i will keep trying!
  • huneysuckle
    Options
    can anyone tell me how many sugars r good per day to lose lb a week tkz