NSV

Options
nolongerXXL
nolongerXXL Posts: 222 Member
Ok, this may not be a big one for some or most, but it was for me.

I have been exercising and eating better/less for about 6 weeks and have lost poundage. Today I had an exorbitant amount of energy after a hour of cardio in the morning. I did an additional 30 minutes of cardio (including several minutes of jogging in place) this afternoon. This evening we were outside and I decided to run and chase my son around for fun! <--This has not happened in YEARS! I have also caught my self jogging to and from were I need to go today (like out to the car.)

I feel so good!

I may seem silly, but is a huge thing for me. :wink:

Replies

• jetaylor63
    jetaylor63 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    That doesn't sound silly at all. Congratulations on your successes so far. :flowerforyou:
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    That isn't silly in the least! It's huge. I felt that way today, m'self. Nothing like a 90 minute burn in the gym! :)
  • jojo37696
    jojo37696 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    That's huge. I am trying to get there but haven't made it to jogging anywhere. Y E T !!!!
  • nolongerXXL
    nolongerXXL Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Thanks ya'll! I feel like a million bucks today (now if only I could cash some of that in??) :wink:
  • sheyennelilly
    sheyennelilly Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Not silly at all. Having energy where you lacked before is an amazing feeling and just one of the awesome benefits that comes from taking better care of your body. Way to go! Keep up the hard work!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • AnJulNZ
    AnJulNZ Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Woohoo well done! That's not silly at all, it's great :bigsmile:

The feeling of being able to run around with the kids is something I am really enjoying too :smile:
  • beejpowers
    beejpowers Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    One of my best days was a couple months ago when my kids wanted to play tag and I ran and kept up with them for a full 30 minutes. There's nothing silly about being able to do that stuff. It's exactly the reason I started with the app.
  • iamspdd
    iamspdd Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    \ This evening we were outside and I decided to run and chase my son around for fun! <--This has not happened in YEARS! I have also caught my self jogging to and from were I need to go today (like out to the car.)

I feel so good!

I may seem silly, but is a huge thing for me. :wink:

I know how this feels. I played with my daughter for the first time at the park this year. (She's 4 and a half) Normally I would have sat on the bench and watched. Now I am out there going down the slides and I even crossed the monkey bars!

THIS IS HUGE. Congratulations!!!
  • PennyLorraine
    PennyLorraine Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Wow! Impressive!
  • PaliDNAnge
    PaliDNAnge Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    That is definitely huge, not something small! It's amazing how much energy we get after exercising. A lot of time I feel energized afterwards. What a wonderful NSV, especially chasing after your son!! Congrats!!
  • mego07
    mego07 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    this is fabulous! Keep it up and even more energy will come along with it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!