Sugar

Options
sailrunner
sailrunner Posts: 41 Member
My nutrition breakdown keeps saying I'm over my allotment of sugar for the day.

All my sugar is coming from yoghurt (plain, not sweetened) or whole fruits or unprocessed food so I don't think I'm getting too much sugar. With a cup of yoghurt and 2 pieces of fruit, I'm regularly going over.

Anyone know how the number was set so low?

Should I be concerned? It seems as if I'm eating in a healthy way with no "junk" food.

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,025 Member
    Options
    MFP doesn't differentiate refined and/or added sugar from natural occurring sugars. I would imagine it was too complicated of a program to do that, or they're just having fun.
  • jonibc
    jonibc Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    There are dozens of threads on here about sugar. Do a search. Everyone has different ideas. I think, if you aren't diabetic, don't worry about sugar from fruits and veggies. Otherwise, avoid it.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Sugar is just a carb. As long as you're eating enough fats and protein, your carbs/sugar aren't important unless you have a medical issue that requires carbs/sugar to be monitored. As long as you're under your calorie goal, you'll lose weight. Some people find that sugar (even from fruit) causes them to have more sugar/carb cravings. If this isn't the case for you there's no need to limit sugar.

For information on setting your macro target, read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/911011-calculating-calorie-macronutrient-needs?page=1#posts-13821336
  • sailrunner
    sailrunner Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    THANKS
  • hoofBOY
    hoofBOY Posts: 3
    Options
    How about chocolates? Does chocolates add more sugar to your body? And what's the best thing I can do?