***INSANITY&SCALE GOIN UP??***Help this girl OUT!!

Options
So I have been doing INSANITY for 2 weeks now. Tomorrow is my 2nd fit test. I weigh about every morning and have come to realize the scale is not my friend. I'm not sure why I am gaining weight on this crazy vigorous program. Especially since my eating has been pretty decent. Something has GOT to give!!! Right? When I ask for weight loss advice...I get so many....well you have probably gained muscle, don't look at the scale...look at inches..etc. But let's face it..we all want that particular number on that scale!!! I for one am not super happy that in the past 2 months after finishing my whole 90 days of p90x that I have gained 10 pounds back...yes TEN!! Ugh....So I'm thinking this Insanity has got to work....
I know it's my own fault for eating excessively on our trip and simply thinking here and there Dr.Peppers or sugary snacks wouldn't hurt...boy was I wrong! Happened so fast too!! If anyone has any advice, please feel free. I was so super excited when I went in May to get a bridesmaid dress for my friends wedding and got a size 8! I just hope that I can fit into it by September!! Ohh, and does anyone know if Shakeology is worth the money and actually works???

Replies

• S_H84
    S_H84 Posts: 75
    Options
    Hey,

I can just say stick to the program and eat clean...... I remember that when I did P90X (never did Insanity) that it took 6 weeks before the scale moved. It actually went up 1 lb first, stayed there what seemed like forever and now has been going down nicely.
    Patience is your best friend.

About shakeology....... To be honest, I don't like them. I tried both flavors, with various mixed fruits etc and I just can't get them down. The chocolate is super "chocolately" (and I am a chocolate lover) and the greenberry just does not taste good.

But that is my opinion. Everybody's taste is different.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Well, I have done P90X and Insanity. I definitely lost more weight from Insanity, but both programs are amazing!! It does come with a nutrition guideline, I recommend reading through it. Weight loss is at least 70% diet/ nutrition related. Track your calories, cut out that Dr. Pepper/ sugar and drink more water!!

I love Shakeology, I use the chocolate every day! Let me know if you have any questions!
  • zeeohhsix
    zeeohhsix Posts: 41
    Options
    First congrats on finishing p90x I also just finished and am on round 2!!!!! I have heard alot folks say they gained some initial weight in the first month of insanity but lost it in the second half. Stick with it im going to be ading some insanity to my p90x workouts. As far as the dr. pepper and sugary snacks I dont need to tell you thats bad you already know. Just eat right and drink water you'll loose inches and pounds!!! don't give up!!!!!
  • houseofCs
    houseofCs Posts: 18
    Options
    I too will be starting my 3rd week of Insanity and my second fit test. After the first week I lost 2 lbs don't know how much this week because I want weigh myself until tomorrow morning. Even though the scale didn't drop alot I do see a difference especially with my abs. Weight loss takes time if you do it the right way. You will see the scale drop as long as you are doing what you should be doing.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I too will be starting my 3rd week of Insanity and my second fit test. After the first week I lost 2 lbs don't know how much this week because I want weigh myself until tomorrow morning. Even though the scale didn't drop alot I do see a difference especially with my abs. Weight loss takes time if you do it the right way. You will see the scale drop as long as you are doing what you should be doing.

Good for you! And so true... it definitely takes time to lose weight and KEEP it off!! Good luck to you too!
  • srhatten
    srhatten Posts: 28
    Options
    Yeah I'm completely at fault for even thinking it is ok for the sodas and sugar. But hey....I'm not gonna lie, I like to eat. That is my main source of problems. But for the cofidence and health, I am totally willing to give up those poisons to the body. And totally in for OCCASIONAL cheats. I really want to reach my goal weight and be proud that I did. I don't want to gain and lose the same 20 pounds anymore....I want to lose an extra 20!!!! Thank you all so much for your words of wisdom =)
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Yeah I'm completely at fault for even thinking it is ok for the sodas and sugar. But hey....I'm not gonna lie, I like to eat. That is my main source of problems. But for the cofidence and health, I am totally willing to give up those poisons to the body. And totally in for OCCASIONAL cheats. I really want to reach my goal weight and be proud that I did. I don't want to gain and lose the same 20 pounds anymore....I want to lose an extra 20!!!! Thank you all so much for your words of wisdom =)

I like to eat too! You can eat a LOT more volume with nutritious foods that are lower in calories than the higher calorie *bad* stuff. 1 can of soda for 140 calories or a bowl of oatmeal or healthy fiber packed cereal that will keep you full much longer? Or 100 calories worth of broccoli... that's a LOT of broccoli! :bigsmile:

My motto... white flour and sugar = white death/ poison/ white crack!!! Just say NO! :laugh:
  • srhatten
    srhatten Posts: 28
    Options
    HAHA! That's funny!!!!
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options

The more active you are outside of fitness, the more you get to eat! I walked my dogs for 75 minutes today, did a 45 minute Turbo Fire workout, went to the mall, ran the vacuum, did the grocery shopping, and have already eaten 2000 calories, but according to my Bodybugg, my calorie expenditure is 3200. I can eat MORE!

And I TOTALLY agree about white flour/sugar = Crack. It doesn't exist in my house anymore.