Richard Simmons ??????

Options
I was just thinking about how fun it would be to get the Richard Simmons "Sweatin' to the Oldies" DVDs.

Don't laugh!! Because I am serious. I don't want to be bored, and force myself to exercise.
How fun is Richard Simmons!! Maybe the guys wont agree , but I think he is a hoot ;):flowerforyou:

Anyone know where to get the DVD's? I looked online but most are expensive!! I am trying to find them on a discount price :blushing:

Replies

• SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    I would suggest EBAY.
  • cdsledge09
    cdsledge09 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    The library has some of his books and perhaps VHS. The other place you might look is the 1/2 price book stores and used book stores. :flowerforyou:
  • kara2
    kara2 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I agree with ebay or amazon to look for them. I have the old VHS tapes of them and they are fun. You just feel like your dancing instead of excercising.
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Used on Amazon! I get workout DVDs there *all the time* for $1 and less. And I LOVE the workout!! You'll love it too :smile:
  • dfwtxmissy
    dfwtxmissy Posts: 102
    Options
    Have you tried Amazon?
  • HeatherCanDoIt
    HeatherCanDoIt Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I have all of the VHS tapes and I love them! They are a nice change from my other workouts! Good luck finding them.
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I do believe you can also get them from Collage video...they sell exercise DVDs.
  • MakeLifeBright
    Options
    Amazon or ebay sounds good.. Why Did I not think of that!! Thank You all . I showed my 6 yo daughter a clip of
    Richard on youtube , she loved it lol I told her once I get the DVD we can do some fun dancing together.
    She loves to dance with me any way .

Thank's again for the response, I will check out amazon today!! :bigsmile:
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Ty the Goodwill or some second hand store.. I think my mom has a copy of it at her house.. lol But seriously Goodwill will probably have that and every Tae-bo VHS known to man there.
  • MakeLifeBright
    Options
    I have all of the VHS tapes and I love them! They are a nice change from my other workouts! Good luck finding them.

I seen some people had them on sale.. on vhs.. but I just donated my vhs player a couple weeks ago.
    I will try to find the DVD's though. They look like soo much fun!!:happy:
  • Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    Options
    Half.com, here's the search result I came up with there.
    http://search.half.ebay.com/richard-simmons_W0QQmZmovies

If you have a VCR you can get some as low as 75cents, tons of DVDs under $10.
  • MakeLifeBright
    Options
    Half.com, here's the search result I came up with there.
    http://search.half.ebay.com/richard-simmons_W0QQmZmovies

If you have a VCR you can get some as low as 75cents, tons of DVDs under $10.

WoW Thank you for looking that up.. makes me wish I had my vhs player!! ;) but there are dvd's on that site too

:wink:
  • lalouli
    lalouli Posts: 41
    Options
    I used to watch that when I was a teenager. I always think about his license plate YRU FAT when I'm holding up a donut, brownie, piece of cake, etc. getting ready to take a bite!! LOL
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    I need a change of pace from Leslie. I will check it out one weekend by getting it from the library 1st and if I like it, I will buy it. That is how I do all exercise DVD's now. That way I am not stuck with something I will never use. Thanks for idea!
  • MakeLifeBright
    Options
    I used to watch that when I was a teenager. I always think about his license plate YRU FAT when I'm holding up a donut, brownie, piece of cake, etc. getting ready to take a bite!! LOL

LOL That's great :laugh:
  • LoriT129
    LoriT129 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Have you checked YouTube? I found free Leslie Sansone video's on there and that is what I use. I haven't searched for Richard! I will now! Also found some Billy Blanks. He will kick your butt! :)
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
  • shannon717717
    Options
    I was just thinking about how fun it would be to get the Richard Simmons "Sweatin' to the Oldies" DVDs.

Don't laugh!! Because I am serious. I don't want to be bored, and force myself to exercise.
    How fun is Richard Simmons!! Maybe the guys wont agree , but I think he is a hoot ;):flowerforyou:

Anyone know where to get the DVD's? I looked online but most are expensive!! I am trying to find them on a discount price :blushing:

Oh my gosh! Richard Simmons Sweatin to the Oldies is the BEST!! I have it here,yeep right here on my desk with the rest of my workout dvd's staring at me!! lol,,but he is fun to excersice with.I forget where i purchased my dvd from,i know it was from online.I think ebay or amazon.Anyways have fun,,i might just start my RS workouts again tomorrow!
  • funnygrrl
    funnygrrl Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    so this is probably not going to sound good, but I went as Richard Simmons one year for Halloween, so I can definitely confirm that libraries do carry an extensive R.S. collection, including the classic sweatin' to the olds! good luck finding a copy! :-)
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    I would like to try some of his dvds too. . .I think they would be really fun!! The only thing is, I'm very clumsy so I can see me laying in the floor with a broke leg while Richard dances away. . .lol. :laugh: Good luck on finding them. . I did look on Ebay & Amazon a while back and even there the price was a little steep I thought, but if you like them it would be worth it!