Modivate me? Looking to get started...

Options
Hey! I'm looking forward to losing weight and improving my energy. I'm currently feeling very lazy. I've signed up for a 1.76 mile swim in just 2 weeks...I've got to get moving and eating healthier. I'm new to the sight and still getting my bearings here...looking for friends to motivate me and I'll work to motivate you!

Replies

• Notsocorny
    Notsocorny Posts: 37
    Options
    Motivation should come from within you, but I'd love to try to help! :) you can do it!!
  • blakebraden21
    Options
    i know that feeling, but all it takes is a little bit of motivation and you will be on your way, im not sure how much motivation i can do for you here, but always keeping that positive mental attitude should do wonders for you!!! I know you will do awesome!!!

PS: Swimming is one of the best ways to lose weight, good luck in your swim!!!
  • stringsNlinks
    stringsNlinks Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Yeah .... I re-found my motivation once I signed up for a race..Did an 8k and a couple 5k's. I recently found out about myself that if I don't have a date on the calendar to train for I tend to slack off.....so new rule in my house. is always keep a date on the calendar. Helps me keep foucused. Good Luck with your swim...
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    as crazy as it sounds...self talk..positive self talk will change that. If you keep telling telling yourself, that you are not motivated you won't be. you have to tell yourself you want it more than this moment, you control your motivation and the thoughts that empower that motivation. Add me as if friend if you would like! Take control of your thoughts, the rest will follow through.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    as crazy as it sounds...self talk..positive self talk will change that. If you keep telling telling yourself, that you are not motivated you won't be. you have to tell yourself you want it more than this moment, you control your motivation and the thoughts that empower that motivation. Add me as if friend if you would like! Take control of your thoughts, the rest will follow through.
    :heart: Love this!!! :heart: So TRUE!:flowerforyou:

Wow, I needed to hear this so bad! Our thoughts can take us places we never imagined, good or bad:drinker:
    Becca:flowerforyou:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site Crissun, keep your eye on your goal and you will do great!!:drinker:
  • Chrissun
    Chrissun Posts: 148
    Options
    I love this idea...keeping a goal on the calendar...I'll think of more exercise/competition goals.