Insanity and Diet

Options
For those who have done the Insanity program...Did you follow the diet that they give you or did you just eat like you would if you were just counting calories, fat, etc. on MFP?

Replies

• Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    I don't follow the food plan because I'm a picky eater and def not a veggie person.

Been watching calories and measuring my food that I regular eat.

I haven't really lost weight - keeps bouncing up and down but the inches are melting off! =)

Are you just starting?
  • JBennis1013
    JBennis1013 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Just purchased it today and I think I'm going to still eat like I have been. I find that the meal plans that exercise videos don't really fit into my lifestyle. Don't have the time to prepare them.
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    I also got Brazil Butt Lift and the meal plan isn't too bad. there are some stuff I would eat. I'm so a fruit person!
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Of all the home fitness programs I've done (P90X, ChaLean Extreme, Insanity), I found the Insanity meal plan to be the most user friendly. Eat 5 times/day, combine a complex carb with a protein, and stay within your caloric intake.
  • SFinn
    SFinn Posts: 43
    Options
    So if you are already eating fairly healthy (not a lot of processed, frozen foods, high protein and carbs) would this be following the Insanity diet?
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    So if you are already eating fairly healthy (not a lot of processed, frozen foods, high protein and carbs) would this be following the Insanity diet?

The Insanity meal plan is based on the following principles:

1. Determine your caloric needs and then adjust for a deficit if you goal is to lose weight
    2. Eat 5 meals/day
    3. Try to keep a 20% fat/40% protein/40% carb ration at eat meal
    4. Eat clean (ditch the processed stuff and eat whole foods)--avoid additives, sugar substitutes, alchohol
    5. Drink water...a lot of it
    6. In month #2, up your calories for the extra caloric expenditure from the workouts.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I didn't follow it exactly, but followed the basic guidelines and used MFP as well to keep me on track! Good luck!
  • SFinn
    Options
    Oh I basically already do that, minus the five meals a day thing. That could easily be adjusted though. I won't complain about eating more often, I enjoy eating obviously haha.

Thanks so much though!

I have what seems like a stupid question though. By processed foods, does that mean all frozen foods? For example, I've been trying to cut red meat from my diet and have been substituting with Boca Burgers. Are these considered to be processed? Yes, right?

Thanks! I'm a little scared for Insanity but it sounds like fun/punishment.
  • shannon717717
    Options
    A friend of mine gave me a dvd set of Insanity,i watched #1 but im not sure where i would start at? I know this is a crazy question but i really need to know.Its just so scary watching it because its a real powerful workout,and im just starting to excersice after years of not moving around alot.Thanks
  • shannon717717
    Options
    Oh I basically already do that, minus the five meals a day thing. That could easily be adjusted though. I won't complain about eating more often, I enjoy eating obviously haha.

Thanks so much though!

I have what seems like a stupid question though. By processed foods, does that mean all frozen foods? For example, I've been trying to cut red meat from my diet and have been substituting with Boca Burgers. Are these considered to be processed? Yes, right?

Thanks! I'm a little scared for Insanity but it sounds like fun/punishment.
    Its not a stupid question,my question is!! lol,,im not sure about Boca Burgers,i assume they would be processed but not for sure.sorry
  • SFinn
    Options
    A friend of mine gave me a dvd set of Insanity,i watched #1 but im not sure where i would start at? I know this is a crazy question but i really need to know.Its just so scary watching it because its a real powerful workout,and im just starting to excersice after years of not moving around alot.Thanks

I don't even have the DVD's yet, me and my sister just ordered them so I can't be sure, but do you mean like how would you begin a more strenuous exercise program?

I would try starting the DVD, but taking breaks as needed and not pushing yourself too hard. While your body does need exercise and movement, pushing yourself when you're just getting back into exercise can hurt your body more than help it. Ultimately I believe you can start the DVD's but just be aware of when you need to stop and how far you can go. If you are in pain, it's probably a good idea to stop the work out and postpone the rest until your body is ready.

If that's not what you meant...than I'm sorry lol.
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    bump