UGHH!! How to over come feeling guilty?

so last night i had some cool ranch Doritos and some BBQ frito chips with guacamole and I feel sooo fat!! not to mention so guilty! ive been doing soo soo good and i feel i was weak! =( (In total I think I had about 25 chips) only plus: I made the guacamole from scratch. But still I hate this feeling!!!! -_- does any one ever feel like this? and if so how do you get over it?

Replies

• princessputz
    princessputz Posts: 283 Member
    I log it and move on. Tomorrow is a new day. Next time bring a veg platter? You can dip the veggies instead of chips?
  • Terpnista84
    Terpnista84 Posts: 517 Member
    By starting over the next day.
  • LuHox
    LuHox Posts: 136
    Realize you're human, and humans like to eat. We're wired to like sugary/fatty food because that signals our brains that it has the most energy for the least amount of effort. Some part of us thinks we're still running around hunting and gathering and farming with hand-held tools, and that food is scarce, especially when you're restricting calories and your brain goes "arrrgh must store for the harsh winter!" or something like that. Pardon my poor attempt at comedy, but it means it's nothing to beat yourself up over. No guilt, I mean it! Just move on and realize what you're doing is difficult and you may have a few slip-ups along the way. Don't let them turn into two or three, and especially don't let them turn into giving up :) You'll get it. Just be consistent.
  • _eli_80
    _eli_80 Posts: 40
    Realize you're human, and humans like to eat. We're wired to like sugary/fatty food because that signals our brains that it has the most energy for the least amount of effort. Some part of us thinks we're still running around hunting and gathering and farming with hand-held tools, and that food is scarce, especially when you're restricting calories and your brain goes "arrrgh must store for the harsh winter!" or something like that. Pardon my poor attempt at comedy, but it means it's nothing to beat yourself up over. No guilt, I mean it! Just move on and realize what you're doing is difficult and you may have a few slip-ups along the way. Don't let them turn into two or three, and especially don't let them turn into giving up :) You'll get it. Just be consistent.

your absolutely right!!! training your body to do the healthy thing isnt easy at all!! thanks so much
  • _eli_80
    _eli_80 Posts: 40
    I log it and move on. Tomorrow is a new day. Next time bring a veg platter? You can dip the veggies instead of chips?

Will definitely do this the next time!!!
  • laurenmoe
    laurenmoe Posts: 13
    You can't beat yourself up or dwell on a slip up. If you eat well atleast 80% of the time you have nothing to worry about. What good is life lived without a few mindless endulgences?