So Sick!

wannabpiper
wannabpiper Posts: 402 Member
So I've been living the clean life for a month now and eating healthy. I indulge occasionally in light ice cream, birthday cake, etc., so haven't cut anything out - just eating less and not "grazing" all day.

Went to a party on Saturday and binged on lasagne, bacon/pea salad, cake, and lots of lucious adult punch.

By 8pm I was so sick that my body actually went into shock. You know, that Drano-effect that leaves you shaking and drenched in your own sweat - in so much pain that you're sure you're going to hurl?

WTH! What's the deal with eating light for a period of time and then splurging that sends the digestive system into spasms of pure Hell?

Replies

• bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Was anyone else ill? Because you described food poisoning.
  • SloRunner25
    SloRunner25 Posts: 89 Member
    I get the exact same thing. I try to eat the best I can and then on Saturdays we'll order in or go out for a meal. Most of the time that night I'll be up into the wee hours of the night in digestive hell, especially if I had something fried.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Just the adult punch would do that to my insides. Blurgh.

Anyway, it's like if someone threw pebbles at you for a long time, and then suddenly nailed you in the face with a brick. Gonna be quite a shock to the system.
  • wannabpiper
    wannabpiper Posts: 402 Member
    Was anyone else ill? Because you described food poisoning.

Nope. And this happens to me whenever I go "light" for a few days and then indulge. It's like my system forgot how to process fat and sugar, and punishes me.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    ... Wait, you drink Drano?
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    When I know I'm going to a party like that I make sure to eat a healthy breakfast, and then right before I go have a good serving of fruits or veggies, enough to fill me up. Once I'm at the party I'm already full so I just take a small portion of the stuff I like. Trying even still to load up on the healthier items at the party rather than the heavy, deep fried, heavy cream items.

This worked for me yesterday, ate about a cup of fresh fruit then by the time the cinco de mayo tacos and other goodies were being served I was so full of fruit I filled up a fraction of my plate mostly with sauteed peppers and beans and a little bit of ground beef. After I ate dinner I was so full I could not even think about dessert.

This does not always work sometimes you just end up eating crap and feeling terrible later. If it happens enough times you will get fed up with feeling terrible and adjust accordingly
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Last night I had my most unhealthy meal of 2013.

Son had a birthday and his wife invited us over for a pizza party. (Lots of carbs with little protein).

Had just a one piece of pizzas and a few bread sticks but then they brought out cake and ice cream.

Since it's family, I really didn't want to be rude and figure it's one of those times I have to be flexible.

No ill effects but up a couple of pounds on the scale this morning.

Just have to get back in the swing of things today and have a good clean week.

On the plus side I DID get my garden started over the weekend (so in a few months we'll hopefully be enjoying fresh vegetables each night for dinner).
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Uhh, what is a "Draino effect"????
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Drano helps to clean and detox your insides. Pretty sure it was on Dr. Oz last month.
  • benflando
    benflando Posts: 193
    Happens all the time after my indulgences. Painful and makes me not want to cheat EVER
  • Straitlover1965
    Straitlover1965 Posts: 39 Member
    Uhh, what is a "Draino effect"????

Really, really bad diarhhea :).