Newbie looking to lose 45lbs

Options
Hi All,

I actually joined about 3 weeks ago by downloading the iPhone App but didn't think there was a full website behind the app until now.

Basically I am trying to lose about 45lbs. There's no time limit, I just want to lose the weight.

The app has been great so far - it stops and makes me think about what I'm eating and how much I'm eating. Previously I thought I was eating a reasonably healthy diet and could never work out why I was not losing weight or even putting it on.

For the last 3 weeks I've been carefully entering all of the foods I've eaten and made great effort to make sure that I'm sticking to the limits set by the program. I didn't weigh in before using the app - stupid I know - so I don't know if my weight has gone down since the starting. What I have noticed is that already my clothes feel looser, my arms, legs and back have less loose skin on them. I want to get rid of the gut and I think it's smaller than before but not noticeably yet.

I have trouble motivating myself to exercise, which is my biggest downfall. If I could get my act together on that front, I would be moving on well. Any tips would be most welcome.

The shocking thing for me is that when I've been forced to log what I eat, I've noticed how easy it is to eat too much and exceed the daily calorie count. If nothing else, the app has really helped me there.

I'm going to be logging in here more often now and I'll hopefully pick up some good tips and motivation. Good luck to everyone.

Replies

• MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Well the good news is that if you just follow the calories, you can still lose weight because of the built in calorie deficit. The bad news is, it may take you a long time to get to your goal. Start with something simple like a walk around your neighborhood. I bet when you start seeing results with just that, you will be inspired to do more!

Best of luck,

L
  • carolanne1972
    carolanne1972 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well done!!

This is the start of week 6 for me and I've lost 10lb so far. My target is 42lb but Im just taking it a week at a time and I have a mini-goal to lose 21lb before my holiday on 23rd September. My friend introduced me to the site and we have really be supporting each other through it - do you have any friends who could join you?

With regards the exercise, why dont you just go for a 30 minute walk each day if you dont like the gym? Its really only 15 minutes each way when you think of it and anyone can do that. I have joined a Zumba class which I do on a Tuesday night, its great fun and feels more like a laugh than an exercise class (550 calories per hour burned) and I also do Body Combat on a Thursday night - bit like martial arts but to great music - this is a tough class but I enjoy it and it burns 800 calories per class. I am one of the laziest people in the world but I got myself mentally "in the zone" to go along to the classes and Im have to say I am enjoying them now and seeing the weight disappearing and my clothes becoming looser is great. Rememeber "nothing tastes as good as thin feels".

You're already signed up to this so I wish you the best of luck. Push yourself to go that walk - even if you only start off going a couple of times a week :-)
  • ruggie
    ruggie Posts: 26
    Options
    As you start to lose weight and feel better you will have more energy. You can use that energy to help motivate you to exercise more. In my opinion the BEST thing you can do to exercise is find something you LOVE LOVE LOVE to. If you can do that-nothing will stop you. If you LOVE it, you will make it a priority. Trying a variety of exercises is a good way to see what you like and what you don't like. Good Luck! You can do this!
  • sav_c
    sav_c Posts: 14
    Options
    Thanks for the replies already! I have started to go for walks - probably about 30 minutes at a time so it looks like I've started along the right path, it's reassuring to know. I know I need to build up to something a little more taxing so will increase the speed to start with and then maybe break into a run.
  • Karyn1964
    Karyn1964 Posts: 14
    Options
    myhcg.com,hcg has helped me lose 10lbs in a week and counting down to 40 so try it,it works no exercise needed
  • ZYing
    ZYing Posts: 1
    Options
    Hopefully I'll get what I dream of this time
    I seriously feel like dying because of all these fats
    I just need support from people who understands me T.T
    Nice to meet you guys here
  • nancyggg
    nancyggg Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I know that logging the food really was an eye opener for me too. I think this is an amazing site and it really does help us.

Looking forward to our success!
    Nancy