Well time to change my target.....me thinks...

Options
Hello Folks,

Well I started out with MFP on the 2nd Jan. One of the things that motivated me was my new job which I started on the 4th Feb. I thought I need to be fit for the job and the pressure of it will just build up over the next 12 months as we have a target to meet and it cant be missed no matter what. Also lots of walking around large event areas and stadiums.

So now 4 months latter I have lost 26kg (56lbs) and just about to hit my target of 27kg. I am also just about to start Week 9 Day 1 of the C25K and who would have thought I would be jogging for 30minutes without falling over and needing the paramedics and oxygen or a defibulator........

Dropped from size 44 trousers to 38 and can now squeeze into size 36 but just need to loose that little bit more for them to button up (I know but have to have a clothes target to aim for lol). Dropped from XXX to XL in tops and boxer shorts (yeah I dont think a lot of you wanted to know....). Shirts went from kneck of 19 to 17inch, really need to try a 16 1/2 inc soon.

Would like to thank the variours posters who have given advice (not only to me but others as I have found some of the postings great).

Well I am now going to change my target and start on my next 10kg that I want to loose. Should be fun as long as I keep on the track I started earlier this year.

Thanks once again...and for all you lot starting out...its really worth it.......

Replies

• Ghlt4
    Ghlt4 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the good work.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, guy, good job!
  • LuvtheCubs
    LuvtheCubs Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Looking forward to running in your shoes myself someday soon!
  • daynation
    daynation Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    How are you feeling at Week 9 of the Couch to 5K? Are you easily able to follow the program? I have just started and wonder what I am getting into.
    Congrats on the hard work and reaching your initial goal! Keep up the good work.
  • mailuci
    mailuci Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am starting my second week of C25K its a killah but its worth it coz time goes fast
  • stellafgus
    stellafgus Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    :happy: great job keep up the good work i am in my 4th week training for a 5k coming up july 6 and i am struggle, so happy you are doing well with yours
  • stellafgus
    stellafgus Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    forgot to mention my 5k is a Run for God through our church
  • Cacoates90
    Cacoates90 Posts: 62
    Options
    Congrats that's really great!!
  • JohnDun
    JohnDun Posts: 140
    Options
    How are you feeling at Week 9 of the Couch to 5K? Are you easily able to follow the program? I have just started and wonder what I am getting into.
    Congrats on the hard work and reaching your initial goal! Keep up the good work.

Hi
    Thanks. Week 9 day 1 was completed today....its pretty easy to start off but just be careful and dont go too fast. After my 30mins jog today I went on and spent more time on the treadmill, lots of walking at 5kph then jogging at 7.5kph and a few 2minute sessions of 10kph. But I am feeling great, no sore parts and that was not far off 1000 cals burned on the TM. I ran out of time or I would have stayed and broken the 1k barrier. 7k distance as well by the end of it all.
  • JohnDun
    Options
    :happy: great job keep up the good work i am in my 4th week training for a 5k coming up july 6 and i am struggle, so happy you are doing well with yours

Thanks. Keep up with your training. If its for your church then you can show everyone how dedicated you are and I am sure they will support you fully on it all.

J
  • JohnDun
    Options
    Thanks for all the other messages, really appreciated. Anyway W9D1 of C25K completed....going to pig out tonight as I have so many calories to use up...mmmmmmm....
  • Mbrowne55
    Mbrowne55 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • dynamitegalxo
    dynamitegalxo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    congratulations on all the goals you've met so far! and good luck with your 10k training, i have that set as a goal to reach by the end of the year and it's fun to work towards!

have you found a difference between doing c25k outdoors as opposed to on a treadmill in terms of the effort it takes?
  • woodwardtm
    Options
    have you found a difference between doing c25k outdoors as opposed to on a treadmill in terms of the effort it takes?

I would be interested in this, too. I don't like the treadmill so I do this outdoors.
  • JohnDun
    Options
    Hi Folks,

I have only done a couple of them outdoors but we have a great park with a large pond and its flat ...the other part of the park is made up of various sloops...not sure am into that just yet.

Once I finish off the last 2 W9 days I will redo weeks 7, 8 and 9 but outside.....will let you all know how I get on.

J
  • woodwardtm
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks. It is nice to hear advice straight from someone who is doing this. I did my run/walk at the park yesterday and loved it! It was the wooded path around the lake with various slopes.
  • JohnDun
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks. It is nice to hear advice straight from someone who is doing this. I did my run/walk at the park yesterday and loved it! It was the wooded path around the lake with various slopes.

No problem at all...I like the idea of passing on information to others. When starting out or reaching certain levels I found it usful to read what others had actually completed.

The other thing I have been working on is the cooper test.... http://www.brianmac.co.uk/gentest.htm its another great goal to aim for...run (well jog, walk whatever you can do) for 12 minutes and note the distance (see link above). I have worked my way upto "Average" over 1700meters in 12 minutes...

I dont do that test too often but will maybe give it a try tomorrow. Another test that my daughter has to do is see how long it takes her to run/jog/walk 2km. I started off at just over 19 minutes and my best a few weeks ago was 13min 45secos....

These are all good indicators of how your doing but they are great motivators, apart from having to purchase new clothes....

J
  • meaningful99
    meaningful99 Posts: 174
    Options
    Congrats on your success!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!