lacking support

Options
been trying to lose weight since i had my little ones but i have no support how do others get through with no one there i cant find enough motivation at the moment

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    that's why you're here...i don't get any support in my "real" life...but the people here make you want to try harder and better yourself. My fiance is pretty sweet about it. Especially when I'm on the elliptical and he's watching tv. he gives me a thumbs up and "good job honey". Even if it's just to make me laugh, he's not judgemental, but he certainly isn't on the wagon with me. I also walk my dog for stress relief and bonding with nature, not to lose inches. friend me if you need some support, i'm always around
  • sami_joyce84
    Options
    thank you i am a single parent with no family around and my friends just think its a joke i have been on here a while but only just ready to start talking and being serious about what i am doing
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I found checking in here really helps, building a list of friends that regularly log, have up days and have down... there to give you a compliment or a virtual hug whether you've had a mini fail or an epic one. I started taking small changes, upped my workout by one day, started leaving 1/4 of the meal on the plate. Made a big difference. Replaced nearly all "liquid calories" with water, and began seeing results. Add me if you want. You'll find a lot of motivators here at MFP, and learn from others. Cheers, and best of luck in your goals!

I should add that I have 77 lbs to lose, and today my motivator was posting
    <
    this pic of myself 5 years ago when I was what my goal is now. I'll get there again!
  • dalanacoria21
    Options
    I gave up for a while and had 3 heart attacks but it scarred me so im doing it u have beautiful kids do it fir you and for them :smile:
  • sami_joyce84
    Options
    thank u the children are my world im trying so hard this time i am a typical yoyo dieter but this time im going to stick with the little changes i am making xx
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I would be happy to help you with motivation and support. It doesn't have to be family that helps Heck I barely talk to my family about changes and my husband and kids are not on the 'eating right' bandwagon and I can only fight so much, so I'm trying to lead by example.

Add me as a friend if you'd like