Make My Playlist - Running Version

Options
Got in a thread a week or so about songs that pump you or give you that extra mmmph at the end of a hard workout.

Here, give me some of your favorite songs to run to. If you want to tailor it to my interests, I like running to something with a good beat for around an 8 minute mile. Hip hop, club bangers, and rap compromise 80% of my run playlists, while they compromise only about 20% of my normal listening music, so I'm open to anything.

I'll start and give 3 of my recent favorites to run to:

Blackout - Carolina (Good song when you're around the time you normally want to start walking)
Damn I'm Cold - Bun B ft Lil Wayne
This Way - Dilated Peoples ft. Kanye West (usually one of the first few songs when I start running)

Replies

• WhosThirsty
    WhosThirsty Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    NOBODY?!
  • JonathanBB
    JonathanBB Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Clash - I Fought The Law
  • gatty5
    gatty5 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Pumped Up Kicks
    Pump up the Volume
    Jane Says

Lots of classic 80's and 90's
  • Shannon16385
    Options
    Fort Minor- Remember the name
    Can't Be Touched- Roy Jones Jr.
    Sweat- Snoop Dog (David Guetta remix)
    The New Workout Plan-Kanye West
  • Amy_Andrews
    Amy_Andrews Posts: 106
    Options
    Fighter - Christina Aquilera
  • kippty
    kippty Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Midnight Rider Allman Brothers -
  • laurenmoe
    laurenmoe Posts: 13
    Options
    Passion Pit- Take a walk
    The Naked and Famous- Girls like you
    AWOLNATION- Not your fault
    LCD Soundsystem- I can change
    Icona Pop- I love it
    Imagine Dragons- On top of the world
  • Susan_fessler
    Susan_fessler Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I won't list my entire Cto5K playlist but it has a lot of Rockabilly and Punk on it and a few cheesy motivating songs like the Rocky Theme, Eye of the Tiger and Final Countdown because they make me laugh but run faster when they are on
  • moni_tb_192
    moni_tb_192 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    The Pretender and Everlong by Foo Fighters are my top two running songs :) Then I like to listen to some power metal :happy:
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Check out jogfm.com. You can put in your pace, and it will spit you out a list of songs with the appropriate beats per minute. You can then narrow by gene. I did a quick search, narrowed by Hip Hop, and the first few that popped up:

Not Afraid - Eminem
    Run This Town - Jay-Z
    6 Foot 7 Foot - Lil Wayne
    Good Life - Kanye West

There's a pretty long list.
  • WhosThirsty
    WhosThirsty Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Check out jogfm.com. You can put in your pace, and it will spit you out a list of songs with the appropriate beats per minute. You can then narrow by gene. I did a quick search, narrowed by Hip Hop, and the first few that popped up:

Not Afraid - Eminem
    Run This Town - Jay-Z
    6 Foot 7 Foot - Lil Wayne
    Good Life - Kanye West

There's a pretty long list.

Too dope! Thank you bunches. Since I have 3 of those 4 songs currently on my playlist, this sounds right up my alley!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I second jogfm. Also, my jams for a run are lately a lot of Kavinsky, Peaches, Girl Talk and College. Oh and Daft Punk. Remixes to their Tron work have some great beats to run to.