Anyone else sheepishly returning?

Options
Back here for the third time. I lost almost 70 pounds using MFP in 2010. I've gained most of it back... so I'm incredibly angry with myself. Not only for all the time I could have been losing weight but also because I think I have diabetes now and I've been avoiding it. Diabetes has ravaged my family. I don't want to lose my feet or my eyesight or my life. So I have to do this. I have to.

Replies

• Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, good news is you already know what you need to do so it's just getting back on the wagon!

Feel free to add me, I recently came back after checking out for a bit.
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    The first step it the hardest. I was gone for awhile and back now, one day at a time. you can friend me.
  • rose228822
    rose228822 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! It's a step in the right direction and you should feel proud of yourself. My brother recently was diagnosed with diabetes and I am trying to convince him to workout at the gym with me but for now he is not interested. I understand your concern and especially if it runs in your family. I wish you success and please don't be so hard on yourself. You were able to accomplish an incredible weight loss and feel confident that you can do it again. Take care.
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Glad you're here.

Why do you think you gained the weight back? What were you eating like before?
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    thats ok , i did it too! i joined in June last year, dropped off till february, so tis ok , really its ok ..
    oh and its about time you got back it was your turn to wagon pool
  • the_dinner_lady
    the_dinner_lady Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am sheepishly returning ???? lost over a stone before Xmas and its all on plus more. I know I can do it I just need a good shake. Good luck the first step is the hardest xx
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I am returning after a failed attempt so I can somewhat relate. :)
  • deaterrae
    deaterrae Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm back. It's been a difficult year adjusting to full-time church ministry, and it's showing on my belly. Time to get serious again, which always needs help. Please friend me if you would like to support one another.
  • caeciliamarie
    Options
    ::raises hand:: Me here! I lost a good amount of weight before, but gained it back plus more. I'm re-starting fresh (new profile to start over with numbers).

Any of you all please feel free to add me - I'd love more friends, too! :)
  • Bella3119
    Bella3119 Posts: 104
    Options
    The important thing is you don't give up. Welcome back!
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Funny, i returned today myself and used the same word to describe my return - sheepish! Aw well, I'd rather embarrass myself by returning than to never return. :)
  • hacnbac
    hacnbac Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks for the support, everyone. It's good to know I'm not alone in the frustration of starting over.
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry about your health issues. That's a hard pill to swallow. I hope you don't have it. The trouble with diets and food restrictions (I should say calorie restrictions) is that once we lose the weight and reach our goal, most all people return to eating the way they once did. The weight will always return plus more.

The only answer is to change our lifestyle. Eat organic, safe foods moderately. It' s not about diet. It's about lifestyle. Chips and dips and unhealthy processed foods are toxic. The calories are of no matter if the food is bad.

I hope you get the weight off and keep it off this time and I wish you well.
  • reztib
    reztib Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have been there as well. You are not alone. My MFP friends have been there for me.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Look ahead, not back. Looking back is a path of regret and heartache. You can't change the past, but you can change the future, just move forward now.

Do you know what happened before to cause you to lose your way? Were you doing things you found unpleasant or eating foods you disliked? Avoid anything that is not working for you. If you hate doing a certain form of exercise, don't do it. There are so many ways to get exercise forcing yourself to do the one way you hate is a recipe for failure.

Welcome back and welcome to your better and brighter future!
  • tobysharp10
    Options
    This is my first day back on in a few months. I was content with the progress I made, but never saw my goal through all the way. I need to see this through, though; I've never felt as good about myself as I did while I was working out and paying attention to what I was eating.
  • Candi8099
    Candi8099 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    *slowly rasies hand* My 5th, 6th, (oh who cares) time. I was down 32, now I'm only down 19. I am starting JM's Ripped in 30 tonight. I've had it a year & it's still in the original plastic. *Shakes head*

Good luck! You got this, you came back, that's the 1st step! :)
  • vixxy83
    vixxy83 Posts: 59
    Options
    hey im back too ive been on it for years but musta been the third time, I had gestational diabetes with my youngest n doc tested me again n said was impaired basically on my way to full diabetes. I got it in both sides of my family so I need to lose it this time for my health

I started it back a couple of weeks ago and since my youngest daughter was born almost 12 weeks ago to date ive lost around 26lb

good luck :flowerforyou:
  • ceyuh
    ceyuh Posts: 34
    Options
    I'm doing the same...I lost 40-something pounds the first time around and I SWORE I'd keep it off, but I regained all of it. I've lost about 22 pounds so far this time. I've said it before, but I don't want to go back there EVER AGAIN.
  • hacnbac
    hacnbac Posts: 11
    Options
    Welcome back! Glad you're here.

Why do you think you gained the weight back? What were you eating like before?

I think I put the weight back on for several reasons. A few things about my life changed and I went through a "medium sized" (haha) depression because of it. But I also got very busy and lazy. I started accepting excuses for why I was off track. Then before I knew it I was damn near back to where I had started.

I'm not sure I know what you're asking about what I was eating like before. The last time I was losing weight? Or when I stopped trying to lose weight? Looking back on the way I lost weight before, I don't like it. I was eating A LOT of processed and pre-packaged foods. Most of which were high in carbs. Stuff like those 100 cal packs in the cookie aisles. When I stopped losing weight I went back to unmonitored eating. But, I don't think that was my main problem. My husband and I eat the exact same way and basically the same amounts. He has been a very dedicated weight lifter and is pretty fitness savvy. He has repeatedly told me that my problem is that I stopped working out. I agree with him. I think if I had just continued to work out, I would have maintained my weight loss. Especially since I never got back on the soda pop bandwagon. (Thank heavens.) Anyway, this time around I'm trying to eat better. I don't like fad or restrictive diets. But, in general, I'm trying to eat lean meats, lots of veggies, and whole grains. Trying my best to avoid refined sugar and processed foods.