INSANITY work out... is it working for anyone???

Options
2»

Replies

• MzRealMaFigz
    Options
    btw you look great! It will also slow down the close to the weight you want to be

thank you! I'm certainly trying! :)
  • MzRealMaFigz
    Options
    Well, you could always do both . . . . . . ;-)

I intend to! lol...just not at the SAME time. Insanity really takes a lot out of you...its rare i have the energy and the time to do a round of zumba after insanity and then also cook dinner. As soon as these 60 days are over I'm so going back to zumba!
  • MzRealMaFigz
    Options
    I am doing INSANITY right now, and I follow the diet. I started month two and after a few days, I went back and started month one again. I just couldn't keep up with what they do in month two! I have lost about 15 or so lbs with INSANITY doing 2 months of month one. I start month two (for the second time) next week. I have read that you lose the most in month two, so we will see. I just want to get it done with. I don't think I will do it again...I agree that it is like a bad memory from gym class!! It does help with endurance, and I have lost a pant size so that is a plus, but I would rather do something I enjoy!

day 1 of the second month starts today! Yikes.... lol and btw, you look great!
  • MzRealMaFigz
    Options
    Hey there!

If you are eating the right foods, you should be loosing weight and gaining muscle. I personally noticed results in about three weeks of workout, but scales did not show much difference. Workouts like pure cardio are more designed for fat loss, whereas cardio&resistance or plyometrics for core strength and muscle growth.
    I personally started doing insanity 2-3 times a week and jog for another few days now to maximise weight loss.
    Keep going girl! :)

thank you! :):smile:
  • Smiley0514
    Smiley0514 Posts: 27
    Options
    WOW! thanks everyone! I'm overwhelmed by all the responses! :)

In response to why I stopped doing Zumba...well long story short I was dieting and working out alone for 2 years. I lost about 15 lbs on my own...but in TWO YEARS. It was a slow and lonely process, with only myself for motivation and support. This January my best friends and my husband FINALLY got the hint and began to work out with me...in 2 months I lost 17 lbs with this new found support. Once my best friend and I showed our hubbys Zumba, they thought it was fun, but a bit too girly for them, so hence we began Insanity. I was kind of roped into it. LOL I have every intention of going back to Zumba once this Insanity challenge is complete.

as far as calories go I'm 5'9", 172lbs and eat around 1500/day and burn now with Insanity roughly 300-350 calories a day. (I would burn closer to 600-900 doing Zumba.) I don't think my calories are too far from being right where i need them to be in order to loose the weight. MFP calculated me at 1200! I knew that was too little, so I bumped it up.

Thanks for everyone's input! I appreciate it!

Keep pushing play! I have done 3 rounds on and off and I love it. Feel free to add me to look at my before and afters. I didn't see much results in month 1 but did the last week... So the next time I started a round, I just skipped month 1 and did 2 rounds of month 2. I love my results and am starting another one tomorrow with a friend. Make sure your macros are on point. I am part of a p90x and insanity group on here. You should join, they helped me get to this point. My eating was good before, but is great now to where I am down from 143 to 105 with just proper eating and Insanity.
  • andycet
    andycet Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I lost 6kg but plateaued until I started adding weights a few days a week to it.

Just about to start insanity asylum 2 tomorrow along with weight routine.
  • Smiley0514
    Smiley0514 Posts: 27
    Options
    I lost 6kg but plateaued until I started adding weights a few days a week to it.

Just about to start insanity asylum 2 tomorrow along with weight routine.

Let me know how asylum goes! I have been thinking about buying that next.
  • lizlovestrees
    lizlovestrees Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Bought it, tried it, realized I was nowhere near ready for it and didn't even have all the tools I needed. Now I'm doing other workout videos and losing weight! My goal is to get to where I can start doing insanity. I know a lot of people are like 'it doesn't matter what shape you're in, do it.' but if I'm stopping every five minutes to breathe then there's no point. I do want to push myself, and challenge my body. I also don't want to push myself so hard that I give up completely, so not there yet, but soon! :)
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    From what I've read online people notice results in the second month, so stick at it.
  • jorge_007
    jorge_007 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    For me it only worked because I did insanity right after running 3.25 miles at the mountain. If I do the workout by itself I feel like I did nothing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!