Bodymedia Fit Concerns

Options
s_fehr
s_fehr Posts: 18 Member
I got the bodymedia fit last week and it alots me a LOT more calories than MFP. I synced the 2 and it shows that I am to eat around 1800 cal's per day then if i do extra exercise over and above it goes up from there! Thats a huge difference from what mfp used to give. I'm just wondering if anyone else had this concern when they first got theirs? Were your calorie adjustments huge compared to what you were used too? Were you still successful eating this much more?? I completely understand the eat more concept but it seems so high?? Thoughts? I love all of the information it gives so i really want it to be successful but i don't want to gain anything i have lost.

Replies

• Cincypsych
    Cincypsych Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I thought the same thing and had insane deficits at the beginning. Then one day I didn't do any designated exercise and when I synced, it showed like a 200 calorie burn. Then I realized that MFP gives me back any calories burned after a certain number. So, in the end, I decided to just eat a deficit from my TDEE, which is about 2250 on an average day, so I eat at about 1700 a day. Weight is coming off VERY slowly, but this seems like something I can keep up.
  • s_fehr
    s_fehr Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks, do u still use your bmf?? My bmf is closer to my tdee less 20% than mfp. I find mfp really either under estimates or overestimates.
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    it looks like you've already lost around 20 lbs or so... you should be able to use your food log and average weight lost per week to back-calculate your actual energy burn and see if it matches up with your bmf.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Thanks, do u still use your bmf?? My bmf is closer to my tdee less 20% than mfp. I find mfp really either under estimates or overestimates.

Well mfp, just takes a guess at your TDEE number based on your stats and activity level. So it is bound to be off. MFP doesn't adjust the calories if you do next to nothing for the day or if you do more than normal (unless you log it).

I have a fitbit, and I've noticed on days I go shopping/workout/ect my TDEE is closer to 2300 (and so far this is about my average, even though I'm very sedentary), but on days I do next to nothing (my lazy days) I'm lucky if my TDEE gets to 2000. MFP on the other hand gives a rough estimate of 2060 everyday. I would assume BMF is the same as my fitbit (possibly more accurate, but a similar situation) .