Wanted: Strict Friends

Options
MissFayeT
MissFayeT Posts: 22 Member
So i've been on here since April 1st. I was proud of my self as in 1 month i had lost 21lbs. After a silly party at a friends, i've put on 3/4lbs across the weekend. i feel weak because I couldn't control myself. I'm also struggling to continue my exercise regime (almost finished 30 day shred, but I went from "woo this is easy to having a stitch a barely managing half of it).

So, if anyone is interested, I need strict friends; i need someone to shout at me if I overeat, if I complain, or if I don't exercise enough.
Anyone want to take on this challange?

Thanks

Replies

• terri_journey
    terri_journey Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hi, I can't say I will shout at you but, I will encourage you and be there to help you anyway that I can if that will help. Add me if you like.
    Terri
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I would encourage you to slow down and not be so hard on yourself.
  • michellechawner
    Options
    I'll encourage you! Not one for shouting... and remember, one bad day doesn't mean a bad week/month/year... one bad weekend is ok, as long as you get back on it and continue to lose in the long run!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Oh. This thread isn't about what I thought. Sorry. Please carry on.
  • SJackson50
    SJackson50 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I would encourage you to slow down and not be so hard on yourself.

^This...you had a great first month...we're in it for the long haul!
    Good luck!
  • brillmer
    brillmer Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    I won't yell at you or make you feel bad for doing anything.. But I can promise to be supportive, motivate you and push you to keep going =)
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Some people's children...
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Chill out, this is only weight loss. No need to rush to the goal. Take your time, enjoy the scenes, develop good habits, etc. Like sex.
  • MissFayeT
    MissFayeT Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i can see that this look bad, but truth is I hate myself that i've been obese my whole life. Never been thin, Can't look at myself in the mirror. Tough love is important to me. If I can't do it now, I never will.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    i can see that this look bad, but truth is I hate myself that i've been obese my whole life. Never been thin, Can't look at myself in the mirror. Tough love is important to me. If I can't do it now, I never will.

There is a difference between tough love and abuse. You are asking for abuse and quite honestly, you need to learn to love yourself first. Chances are, if you hate yourself now, you are going to hate yourself when you are thin.

Plus, you most likely only gained water. Chill out.
  • Salt_Sand_Sun
    Salt_Sand_Sun Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    don't be so hard on yourself. You are human and we are all allowed to have fun. This isn't about giving up all things you love - its about control!! You've done an amazing job thus far.

Add me if you like. I am supportive and wont yell - but I will tsk tsk you if I see chocolate cake (more b/c you didn't share. LOL)
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Loving yourself is what you need to work on. If you can't do it now, you won't love yourself at any weight.
  • hauntao
    hauntao Posts: 130 Member
    Options

As someone who was obese and is again, I want to let you know the self loathing happens regardless of what weight you're at. You're allowed to love your body and still want to better it.

PS, I don't look in mirrors much either.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

According to your profile, you're 18. Your "whole life" hasn't even started yet. Rushing to get thin isn't going to solve anything for you. Getting a healthy view on yourself and on weight loss, learning how to get the weight off properly AND more importantly...keep it off will be more of a benefit than losing 21 lbs in one month and then getting upset over a 3/4 lb gain.

You want tough love? Well, learn to like yourself or nobody else will. Quit complaining about your whole life and try living it for once.

As others have said, slow down, do it right, make it count the first time so you don't have to do it again later.
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    It is a inside job. It is all up to you, if you want long term success. Otherwise you will just fall back when your babysitters are gone.
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    It is a inside job. It is all up to you, if you want long term success. Otherwise you will just fall back when your babysitters are gone.
  • estrellitamarina22
    Options
    Don't get angry with yourself. I can give you support, I'm strict, but you have to love yourself firstly... Each person is different... Be patient, you can't build Rome in two days.

Healthy mind, healthy body! :)
  • pumkin85
    pumkin85 Posts: 5
    Options
    I am also looking for support. I have been trying hard but not hard enough and I just need a little push every now and then!!

:)