Herbalife !?

Options
I have a friend that is doing the Herbalife program......she posted today on Facebook, that she has lost inches and 6 lbs and today is her 8th day...........actually here is her Facebook post.......................

(Today is my 8th day. I've lost 6 pounds so far and inches also. The program I am on I drink herbal tea first thing in the morning,a shake and vitamins for breakfast,herbal tea mid morning,shake and vitamins for lunch,herbal tea mid afternoon,whatever I want for supper and vitamins. And you drink water all day long. Havent really been exercising.I walk on my treadmill,but not like I should. Would prolly see more results if i did. )
56 minutes ago

So I figured I'd would ask you all here,..what better place right? :)

Have you heard about this?
Have you done this program? If so what did you think?

Replies

• niki7g
    niki7g Posts: 41
    Options
    I'm afraid it didn't work for me .. the only pounds I lost were of the money kind!
    Still, everyone is different!
  • ktmunchie
    ktmunchie Posts: 35
    Options
    I did this a LONG time ago, about 10 years ago. I will say that I was very successful but as soon as I stopped I gained it all right back. I have been successful without using it too. It is very expensive from what I remember. I have been just as successful on here counting calories and eating more food, rather than drinking all my calories in shakes. It is all about motivation and will power. If you think having set drinks, shakes and vitamins will help you with your will power it might be for you. Also 10 years ago it didn't taste very good, hope that has improved. :) HTH
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I would not recommend it....yes she is loosing weight, but once she comes off it and start eating food again, she will likely gain alot of it back..

I would suggest you set your target calorie goal....stay within that goal...work out, drink lots of water

Be honest with your logging, whether you overeat or not....just be honest and you will see results.

Ensure you get some cardio in....
  • deana_lynne
    Options
    This may sound awful, but I'm just not a fan of cooking.........I'd almost like to do something where they send me food, bc then I'm more likely to eat good....its awful huh?
    Like since I've started tryin to diet...i do lean cusine meals, healthy choice meals, I do eat fruits (bc well dont have to cook them lol) I wish I liked to cook, but I just don't! :(
  • sweetrevenge
    Options
    A friend of mine swears by the Herbalife program and has been wanting me to try it for awhile. She lost 40 pounds on it and she didn't gain the weight back. I have not tried it myself though.
  • cardswimmom
    Options
    I too have used this in the past, along with other forms of diet pills and "quick fix" weight loss supplements. They do work in the short-term, but once you stop doing them the weight comes back because you haven't really learned how to lose it in the first place. Plus, it is a little scary that these things aren't FDA approved and therefore don't have to follow any of their guidelines. Who knows what long-term effects they will have. Just my two cents!
  • Plwarder
    Plwarder Posts: 30
    Options
    I am currently drinking the shakes but not really as a meal replacement but more for a supplement. I drink one in the morning for breakfast and then have a snack (fruit) mid morning. Then I drink one with lunch but I also eat fruits and/or veggies at lunch. I use the shake to help keep me at my calorie goal but still eat regular food and just try to make healthier food choices and stay at my calorie goals for the day. I used protein shakes in the past to lose 30 lbs but I was also going to the gym 6 and 7 times a week as well. When I quit drinking the shakes and going to the gym, of course I gained all of the weight back.
    This time I plan to use the shakes in addition to eating well and exercising regularly. That way when I reach my goal I can maintain it without relying only on the shakes.
  • deana_lynne
    Options
    Yea I have thought about just getting the shakes for just a snack or something.......Thanks all for ya input! :drinker:
  • irunwithscissors
    irunwithscissors Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have a Herbalife Healthy meal shake every morning, and sometimes for lunch. They are very filling and loaded in Protein and Vitamins. If you go to a store that strictly sells it, here ours is called Nourish, they will fill you in. I have found that I don't eat as much for lunch, because I am still somewhat full from breakfast. I bought the shake powder, and mix in strawberries and a banana and a pinch of cocoa. Or just strawberries and the cocoa. They have different kinds of powder mix. I wouldn't say that it has made me lose more weight, but it helps! At the store all of their shakes are 200 calories give or take a few. I wouldn't live off of it, but having that for breakfast is great! They want me to do 2 a day for weight loss, but I'd rather eat food! :) If you don't have a local store, I can give you the number for mine and you can ask them any questions you'd like.....they are very helpful.
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I started HERBALIFE yesterday,my co-worker/friend sells it and is on it and has lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks plus inches.So i'm excited to see how it works for me.
  • reneegez
    reneegez Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    FYI: If you do the shake and eat...it will actually make you gain weight. The shake is not only for people that want to loose...also for people that want to gain! So if you want to loose you have to use it as a meal replacement. I have also stuck to 1200 Cal a day and eat healthy...but I was stuck as far as loosing. Ive been doing herbalife for 1 week...so far lost 6 lbs and an inch off my waist. Doing Zumba and working out at least twice a week. With ANY diet...once you stop you will gain your weight.....its a life long change...you have to stick to it. You cant just diet and then when you stop go back to eating greasy cheeseburgers with fries and think your gonna keep the weight off.....duh! lol