Weekend NSVs?

Options

Replies

• calaz84
    calaz84 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Awesome job on the marathon!!

I can now wear my skinner pants I wasn't able to wear them for the last prob like 8 months I only had one pair of pants cause I refuse to to buy fat jeans!!! I did a lot of washing hehe. Soon I will be back in my full skinny pants cant wait!!
  • Caitychuu
    Caitychuu Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Mom said I "look tiny again"!
  • spirytwynd
    spirytwynd Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    One other I almost forgot. Last August I bought a pair of spandex shorts to work out in. The shorts are now baggy. :-) Maybe there is something to this MFP thing. ;-)
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Shoes looser, size 12 trousers all loose, tops hang rather than cling, side profile flatter, when we went out today, I did not take a picnic instead we bought food - makes you eat a lot less! Avoided chocolate, ice cream, crisps, juice, sweets, bread, cakes and evening snack. I have had people who have not seen me since Xmas ask if I am well when they see me close up!
  • ekahnicole
    ekahnicole Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Sunday I was able to wear jeans that I couldn't even zip up in a year or so, and my "fat skirt" that I practically lived in at my heaviest (since nothing else fit) falls off of me now.
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    The jeans that were "just fitting" a few weeks ago are now really really baggy!
  • mazmataz
    mazmataz Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I completed my first half marathon! I am not a very good runner, and about six months ago when I started training, I couldn't even run 1 mile!!

Wow that's amazing! Well done for keeping with training! I've been running on and off for about 4 years now and I still haven't had the guts to enter anything longer than a 10k!

Another NSV I just thought of: After said bikini beach day, we had to walk up a set of about 400 wooden steps to get back to the car. There were five of us, two girls and three guys. I just started climbing up without thinking, chatting to one of the guys who is probably the fittest of the group...and before I know it I'm at the top with him, no more out of breath than he is, waiting on the other three huff and puff up the steps. That felt good! :D
  • aepdx
    aepdx Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I am able to wear shorts without feeling gross!! Also, I hiked 10 miles and it didn’t really phase me.
  • amalzingsong
    amalzingsong Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I went to Atlantic City and I finally was able to see myself in clothes in front of the mirror. I was amazed that I looked thinner and my clothes actually looked good on me. First time in two months!
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I made it through Disneyland for 12 hours and only ate 1 churro, a mint julep, half of a spaghetti dinner from the Pizza Port in Tomorrowland, and about a third of one of those monster-delicious ice cream cones from Main Street. I had breakfast before we went in at IHOP (Simple and Fit!) so I wasn't starving.

For someone who used to LIVE for Disney's sweets, I'd say I beat some *kitten* yesterday. :D
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    from a friend at a baby shower that I haven't seen for a few months..... "DUDE, YOU ARE LIKE SERIOUSLY THIN"

Would have been better if she didn't practically holler it so that everyone looked, but it still felt good.
  • bobf279
    bobf279 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Went to buy a pair of trousers as my 36 inch waisters are too big now. I picked up a pair of 34's and just out of curiosity also grabbed a pair of 32's to try on. Well I actually managed to do up the 32's albeit a bit tight and considering I needed a pair of 40 waist trousers for my son's wedding at the end of December that is a major improvement. I settled for just 1 pair of 34's for now but expect to keep 32's on my wish list.
  • purpleprose78
    Options
    I gave away two pair of pants because they were too big. I'm currently wearing a third pair that will also go in that pile.
  • CharMaroc
    CharMaroc Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My jeans, that used to be so tight I couldn't sit down in, fit me perfectly . Haven't dropped a dress size yet but I'm working on it :) It made me feel so much better after the scale told me I hadn't lost weight! :drinker:
  • ruwise
    ruwise Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I have 2 NSV's from the weekend. The first is about 6 weeks ago I did a wardrobe sort to sort all the clothes that fit from those that were too small. Over the weekend I tried on the too small stuff and about 80% of it now fit and I've started putting together the bags of clothes that no longer fit.

Also, I went on an 8.53 mile walk over the weekend but we took in a hill that I used to avoid as I wasn't fit enough to do it. Don't get me wrong I was still out of breath when I was doing it but I feel fine the day after no aches or anything.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    for me it was wearing a new dress on Sunday, a smaller size than usual and was asked had I lost weight and also told I was looking fab by several people - now that is a RESULT :-D

<< and yes this is me in the new dress :)
  • CharMaroc
    CharMaroc Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    for me it was wearing a new dress on Sunday, a smaller size than usual and was asked had I lost weight and also told I was looking fab by several people - now that is a RESULT :-D

<< and yes this is me in the new dress :)

Fantastic! It's always nice to be told you look like you've lost weight. Such a confidence boost !
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    thank you CharMaroc :-D
  • RAREBIRDART
    RAREBIRDART Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My NSV for this past weekend was: I have been really wanting a maxi dress. And for the first time in my adult life I have successfully put on a Misses sized dress, and not plus.
  • MudRunLvr
    MudRunLvr Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Ran a relay leg of the marathon. 4.7 miles, 41:33. I impressed myself with that time.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!