Been here a while but no friends :)

Options
lost619
lost619 Posts: 10 Member
Ok I sound a bit desperate lol but you know how it is. I'm trying to get in shape without making it obvious to the people around me. The people around me just end up in competition (not friendly) and very often belittle my efforts. So I am looking for some friends on here. I been here a while back now but I stopped using the app for some time.

Little about me:

As of aged 19 I weighed 280lbs! I was so fed up of being heavy and had been living such a lazy lifestyle. So I switched it up a bit. I decided to get a routine in life and eat a bit healthier. I didn't really exercise an excessive amount or anything but I slowly went down to 203lbs. That's when I joined myfitnesspal. I now weigh 183lbs and my goal is 150 at the moment. If I'm happy with myself at that I shall stop. I'm not sure yet what my ideal stopping weight is but I do not want to drop excessively low or anything! I will be quite happy at 150 though. Anyway I now work so that helps with movement a lot more. I am also aiming to workout 4 days a week if I can. Anyway so I currently have NO friends on here at all so if anyone wants to add me that would be great :) just need some encouragement from somewhere as I heard it can help motivate you. If you wanna message me or let me know about yourself below that would be awesome too :)

Thank you for reading and I look forward to meeting you all :)

Replies

• IbiH
    IbiH Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Happy to help and share my diary and inspiration...... I too am of the vertically challenged kind, but have lost 40lbs and kept it off. Now into getting my fitness levels into action, I've been doing it all along but now I've upped it from walking to jogging/running. The outdoors is my gym.
    Feel free to add me.
  • b7bbs
    b7bbs Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hello! Feel free to add me.

SW: 212
    CW: 208
    GW: 145
    UGW: 135

I had lost weight and gotten to my GW my last year of HS, then gained the weight back and more once in college. I am here to get back to my GW, and go even further than that. I wish you the best of luck, and lets motivate each other.
  • lost619
    Options
    Thank you to you both :)
  • purpleleopard76
    purpleleopard76 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    add coming up :)
  • autumnpath
    autumnpath Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too!

I started at 250. I'm currently at 188. Goal weight is between 145 and 150...depends on how I feel and look.

Look forward to meeting you!
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me, no need to ask. It is easier to keep at this with friends.
  • berriboobear
    berriboobear Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I just joined as well, so we're in the same boat! Feel free to add me =)
  • Cpt_Kirk_2013
    Cpt_Kirk_2013 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. This is much better with friends.
  • Ladyinwaiting4
    Ladyinwaiting4 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me

I started out at 250 pounds and am currently 177 pounds
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    add me
  • Yarabago
    Yarabago Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Kind off new here too :):)
  • eamartin
    eamartin Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hi!! Feel free to add me! I am on daily & MFP works a lot better when you have motivational & supportive friends!

SW: 210
    CW: 200
    GW: 160
    UGW: 135
  • waylandcool
    waylandcool Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Invite on the way...
  • lost619
    Options
    Wow I wasn't expecting so much response lol you guys are all awesome. I'm just sending invites to those who asked :) and thank you everyone else for the invites. Everyone's right it is so much better with friends :)
  • skinnylynnie74
    skinnylynnie74 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me. My Real Life best friend is on MFP with me, and I have a few friends on here as well...but I could use more! I'm super motivated now that Spring is here!
  • Amberlynnek
    Amberlynnek Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add meeeeeeeee!!
  • OhSnap779
    OhSnap779 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I sent you a request. Welcome. :smile:
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Hey! Feel free to add me - I'm usually around and have been here for a little while now :smile: same for any of y'all, just make sure you include a message with the add so I know who you are :bigsmile:
  • KellieLouise84
    Options
    sending a request!!
  • Tiffy_Pea
    Tiffy_Pea Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Friend request sent :)